Whew! It has been a crazy week full of holiday projects and gift guides and tonight, Amy and I are hopping on a plane to Atlanta to speak at this weekend’s Lavish conference (our panels are at 11am on Saturday and 9am Sunday). I hope we run into some of you down there! We’ll also be in Savannah after the conference for a quick trip so if you’re in town this weekend, say hi on Twitter and we’ll see if anyone’s up for a little night out or a drinks meet-up. But before I drive to my own personal hell (otherwise know as LaGuardia Airport), I wanted to wrap up the week with something cheery and bright: Brie Harrison’s new pillow line!
We first met Brie back in 2008 when we got a tour of her lovely London home. I’ve been following her textile design work ever since and was excited to hear that she has launched a new collection! Brie’s new series includes cushions in three new patterns: Daffodil, Folk Flower and Vintage Rose. They’re a perfect combination of retro and modern so if you’re looking for something to brighten up a cold winter day, these are just the ticket. Click here for more information and to shop ($85 each) online.
Photographs above by Charlotte Schreiber
Below is a summary of this week’s highlights
- For New Readers: Welcome Nate Berkus Viewers!
- 2010 Gift Guides: Gifts by Color, Ornaments, For the Animal Lover, Crafts, Monogram Gifts, For the Francophile, Gifts for Flower Lovers
- New City Guide: Brighton City Guide
- Biz Ladies: Tips for Selling During the Holidays
- Living In: Paper Moon
- Past & Present: Textile Designer Vera Neumann
- Sneak Peeks: Kate Rivinus & Adam Blackman, Lisi and Alex
- DIY Projects: Vintage Postcard Calendar Journal, Gift Toppers
- Before & Afters: Emma’s Shop Makeover, Tomy’s Kitchen + Heather’s Chair, Two New Shop Designs
- Before & After Basics: Chalk It Up
- Simply Color: Dave Alhadeff
- In the Kitchen With: Mowie’s Meringue Tart Recipe
- Behind the Bar: Jacinta Moore’s Rose Martini Recipe
- Holiday Entertaining: Bash, Please: Folksy-Mod Holiday
- Sewing 101: Tree Skirt
- Small Measures with Ashley: Homemade Lip Balm
- Misc.: Piet Hein Eek Scrapwood Wallpaper, Soraam Table Linens, New: Amy Ruppel for Schoolhouse Electric, Current Obsessions: Kaufmann Mercantile