new: amy ruppel for schoolhouse electric

Amy Ruppel is one of my favorite artists (and people) around. For me, she is exactly like her work: colorful, friendly, happy and full of life. Every time I visit Portland, I relish getting to spend a few hours with her and hearing all about the exciting projects she’s doing. When I first heard about her upcoming collaboration with Schoolhouse Electric, I practically jumped out of my seat with excitement. Her work lends itself so well to lighting, and I’m thrilled to announce that the new collection is live! Her design for Schoolhouse Electric is called “Folk Birds” and is available in two colors: black or red and light blue (my favorite). Each light is hand-signed and part of a limited edition that comes with a pendant and shade together for $159. If you’re looking for a last-minute gift for someone who loves birds or just needs a little light in their lives, Amy’s new light would be perfect. Sales will start this Thursday, but you can get more information here, and bookmark the link for the launch on Thursday. Last but not least, if you’re in Portland, there will be a launch party for Amy at the Schoolhouse Electric showroom (340 Southeast Sixth Avenue) from 6 to 8pm, so stop by and check it out in person if you get a chance. xo, grace

*Full disclosure: Schoolhouse Electric is an advertiser on Design*Sponge, but did not pay for this post or receive special consideration.

1. LFP says:

Gorgeous lights! Wondering, where is the espresso pot from? I love it!

2. Amy says:

those are absolutely beautiful. i love them! so cute!

3. julia says:

Fantastic! What could be better than the collaboration of an awesome artist and an amazing product!

4. Celia says:

LOVE these! We’re in the middle of renovating our home and have been purchasing our lighting from Schoolhouse Electric. We’ll have to find a place to fit these in!!

5. jennie says:

Ooooh….want!

6. C.Alicia says:

I literally gasped when I saw these. I am in love.

7. Briana says:

So in love with these!

8. Sarah @ Still Life Mercantile says:

People for miles around should be able to hear me squealing with delight over these!! I’ve been scouring Schoolhouse and Rejuvanation for the perfect lighting for my recently renovated kitchen. THIS IS IT!!! I’m obsessed with Amy Ruppel’s work, still pining for the snowboard she did for GNU last season. Yipee!!

9. @my says:

Thank you everyone!! ;) I’m so happy with the way they turned out. Folksy and fun. Schoolhouse Electric are WONDERFUL people to work with! Their products are all handmade right here in the good ol’ USofA, too. Bonus! xo

10. diana fayt says:

Amy WOWS us again!
    Fantastic Amy! xo

11. Way to go Amy! Beautiful!

12. what a fabulous fabulous collaboration. I love all the amazing work designers and design companies are doing these days. This makes me seriously wish I didn’t have to live with the horrible lights in my rental!

13. rebecca says:

I think I felt faint when I realized this post wasn’t a dream.

I think I’ll look for my car keys immediately… (only 3 hours to Portland!)

14. Danielle says:

I feels so Swedish…I love it!!

15. Michelle says:

Thank you Grace! You are right, Amy is such a ray of sunshine and so talented! It was an honor to work with her on this project. The espresso pot is a vintage Etsy find. The address of our showroom for the party is 330 SE MLK Jr. Blvd. The address in the post above is for our factory a few block east of the showroom. We were joking this morning that if the party really gets rocking we can have the after party in the factory warehouse : )

16. Tonja says:

These look just like my IKEA Christmas Ornaments!

17. OH I AM SO THRILLED!! YIPPEEEE!

18. Kris Borth says:

These lamps are the coolest I’ve seen…and I ‘m very proud to have Amy as my sister…she’s lways coming out with the best designs!!!

19. I really like her Schoolhouse Electric logo! Looks retro and gothic at the same time. Nice!

20. Jen says:

These are absolutely beautiful!!! What a great pair!

21. I have long loved Schoolhouse Electric and gave spec’d their products in my projects. Adore this new light especially in black! Can’t wait to place it somewhere!!

22. Jillian says:

I’m a huge fan of both Amy and Schoolhouse Electric. We’re moving into a new home in January, and I could totally see these lights fitting right in. Gorgeous!