hand printed gift wrap

Few things can beat handmade gift-wrapping. It may not have the perfect lines or super-crisp edges that come with machine-made paper, but it’s overflowing with the sort of love and character that can only come from something that’s handmade. This hand-screenprinted wrapping paper from Darbie at Field Guide Design on Etsy caught my eye this weekend, and I thought it would be perfect for anyone looking for a slightly less expected wrapping look this year. Bold, colorful and made from beautiful wood blocks, Darbie’s designs will bring all the color you need for gift-wrapping with the added beauty of Indian woodblock patterns. You can pick up sheets of her paper right here ($10 for 2 sheets). Happy wrapping! xo, grace

Stay tuned for AC’s third annual “Gift Guide for Guys” today at 1pm!

1. reeve says:

it’s gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing.

2. This is such a great idea! I love pretty wrapping paper :)

3. CraftyWife says:

I lovet he designs on these!

4. annawithlove says:

wow beautiful, fabulous wrapping always adds a little something extra to the gift

5. Jena says:

Wow, beautiful wrapping paper!

6. Marija says:

pretty paper :)
    i wonder if it can be re-created with regular stamps and hot pink ink…

7. So pretty!

Can’t wait for the guys gift guide, I need some more ideas!

8. Gift wrap definitely makes my top five list of things I love about the holidays.

9. carolyn says:

these are really gorgeous, reminds me of good ole’ potato stamping… although far, far prettier :)

10. Too beautiful. Thanks for the recommendation!

11. Michelle says:

It’s great to see someone actually use the old printing blocks. I just ordered a supply for my shop and can’t wait to see them. Thanks for the tip!

12. Grace says:

Just got turned onto your website by our friend Cat Thrasher and this post was so inspiring. Both Tristan and I are designing some pattern prints for gift wrapping paper and it’s awesome to see what was done with both blocks and silkscreening.
    Cheers!