d*s diy events this weekend: sign up open!

Today I am seriously THRILLED to announce a special DIY series we’re doing this weekend with the Brooklyn Flea’s “Gifted” holiday market! Along with D*S editor Amy Merrick and Michelle and Katy of Twig Terrariums, we’re hosting holiday DIY events this Saturday and Sunday morning from 10 to 11am! On Saturday the Twig girls will teach us how to make beautiful terrarium ornaments (or regular terrariums if you prefer) that can be used for your own home or as a gift. On Sunday, Amy Merrick will teach us how to make our own wreaths, which we’ll decorate with items like pinecones, berries and succulents. You’ll go home with your own wreath and a beautiful ribbon to hang it on — or to give as a gift! Both classes will send you home with custom-designed labels from Julia Rothman that you can use to give your DIY designs as gifts! Want to join us? Details are below.

*Please note: Each class is limited to 30 students, so please sign up soon if you’d like to reserve a space. All spots will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.*

Event: Holiday Terrariums with Twig
Description: We will make terrarium ornaments (2 per guest) or small terrariums (your choice) to be gifted or taken home as holiday decor.
Date: Saturday, December 18th
Time: 10am–11am (Gifted will open early for us, so you can walk around and find decorative details to place in your terrarium!)
Cost: $20–$30 per person (Cost includes instruction, all materials and sticker gift labels from Julia Rothman. Price depends on whether you make ornaments ($30 for a small and large) or a small moss terrarium ($20).)

Event: Holiday Wreaths with Amy Merrick
Description: We will make (10-12 inch wreaths) wreaths from greenery, pinecones, berries and succulents to take home or give as gifts.
Date: Sunday, December 19th
Time: 10am–11am (Gifted will open early for us, so you can walk around and find decorative details to add to your wreath.)
Cost: $40 per person (Cost includes instruction, all wreath materials and sticker gift labels from Julia Rothman to place on your bows if you want to give your wreath as a gift.)

SIGN UP: To sign up, please fill out THIS FORM. We will follow up shortly after to confirm your registration. Please note: Each class is limited to 30 students, so please sign up soon, as we except spaces to go quickly.

1. Amy Adams says:

Hi! Some of the Gifted vendors will be open at 10 (the market opens at 11) to sell containers or vases or whatever to use for your terrariums!
    We’ll be there – Perch! It’s a great time to get a little early shopping done on what is going to be a fun, busy weekend. Amy

1. grace says:

thanks so much amy!!

g :)

2. Justina says:

I moved from Williamsburg to LA a couple of years ago and how I miss the Brooklyn Flea! Now even more, as I’m going through I terrarium phase… wish I could be there– but excited to see photos!

3. kate hart says:

oh my goodness! this is reason #673 that I wish I lived in Brooklyn! these sound like such fun, affordable classes. and i love the wreath/terrarium illustrations above! amazing colors. julia rothman as well?

1. grace says:

yep! julia is my goddess of illustration ;)

4. So jealous – New York gets all the fun!! *le sigh* Please come to Texas!!

Disappointed in Dallas

1. grace says:

we’ll be in dallas for the book tour with something like this, promise ;)

5. Cody says:

I submitted the form for the terrarium class on Saturday earlier today (right when this post went up) and I haven’t gotten anything… Is that okay or should I resubmit?

1. grace says:

sorry cody! please see my comment above, you’re good!

6. Steph says:

when shall we expect the confirmation emails to go through?

1. grace says:

they’ll go through on wednesday :) as soon as it’s full we’ll close it up. still a few spots left, so if you rsvp’d already you’re good!

7. Kari says:

I just saw Twig terrariums at the Bust Craftacular and they were all I could talk about (and blog a bit about). I loved them, though don’t have a surface in the tiny apartment for one. What a great chance to make something lovely with them though. Hmmm, who could I give one to…

8. I’m so bummed that the terrarium workshop is sold out. (Blast!) I definitely hope that you do another event with Twig in the future. :)