2010 gift guides: old fashioned feminine

Okay, okay, so this guide is nothing more than a thinly veiled list of the things I’d like to give and get this year. It’s no secret that I view the world through a romantic lens and the same goes for presents under the tree. Whether it’s a charming print, some unexpected little-old-lady slippers or a perfectly hand-thrown vase, I’m itching to give all my favorite ladies a bit of old-fashioned sweetness. — Amy M.

1. Vintage Alabaster Lamp, $135; 2. Print from the book Anonymous Was a Women, $10; 3. Florentine Rose Water, $12; 4. Catbird Heart Ring, $88; 5. APC Wool Hat, $225; 6. Frances Palmer “Phoebe” Vase, $135; 7. Fleur-de-lis Needlepoint Loafers, $142; 8. Gingher Stork Scissors, $8; 9. Antique Carpet Bag, $595; 10. Vintage Celluloid Fountain Pen, $24/set of 2

1. ginnybranch stelling says:

love! i treated myself to the rose water from brook farm!

2. If you keep posting pics like this you’re going to make me revert to my old ways of collecting antiques. That is not fair. Please stop. :) ~ karen

3. Tara says:

I am right there with you. I definitely LOVE the romantic old-timeyness of the items you chose. I pretty much live my life surrounded by such things!

4. Rachel M. says:

I am a collector, but I’ve never found any things this cool
    (except the scissors, which I own)! Thanks for sharing. :)

5. Naomi says:

These are great, Amy!

6. Chrissy says:

I feel like I’ve seen the scissors on d*s before as a gift guide or some other feature, they look familiar. hmm…

7. Hayley says:

I LOVE that print! I might have to hunt that down as a gift for myself.

8. sheila says:

lovely!! such a perfect collection! I would love the lamp, print, stork scissors and that carpet bag is speaking to me. It’s saying ‘A handbag, Mr. Worthing?’ :) Here’s to romantic lenses – me too.