2010 gift guides: holiday shine

Everyone needs a good excuse to break out his or her glitziest best for the holidays, right? While I think it is totally justifiable to wear sequins year-round, and find gold to be timeless, I can understand if you aren’t in that camp. ‘Tis the season to inject a little shine into your life, even if it’s a small dose. Here are a few fun ways to jazz up your home and accessorize your life with a little extra shine. — Ginny

*P.S. — If you’ve missed any of the 15 gift guides we’ve posted so far this year, click here to check them out!

Image above: 1. Modern Bar Cart, $1300; 2. Mercury Bottle, $98; 3. Gold Wishbone, $48; 4. Stainless-Steel Straws, $18; 5. Gold Dictionary, $172; 6. Keyboard Brush, $24; 7. Chinese Scissors, $15; 8. Jingle Bell Bobby Pin, $45; 9. Gold Fisheye Camera, $60; 10. Bell Bangles, $39

1. cara says:

i’ll take the modern bar cart “thank you!”
    <3 Cara
    Lilac and Grey

2. I love these shiny items! I included that dictionary in a post not too long ago…what a great accessory for an office!

I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation at lavish and will be using a lot of your pointers of the the next couple months.

xo,
    Sara

3. Susan says:

jingle bobby pin! totally worth it!

4. LOVE the Fisheye Camera – not to mention all the colors it comes in {although I hadn’t seen the gold one before}! I actually just included it in a gift roundup, too! :)

5. What a cleaver idea with the keyboard brush. Such a classic design.

~Rebecca

6. carolyn says:

oh i have been swooning over that gold dictionary forever. lovely ideas.

7. april says:

LOVE the stainless steel straws!
    i actually saw these at west elm for $12 (for 4). was going to get them for my boyfriend’s sister but they were sold out. at any rate, they are $6 less there than at the site that’s posted!

8. Stephanie says:

I purchased similar stainless straws from West Elm recently. I LOVE THEM! They are a great way to prevent lipstick transfer to my glasses. So much easier to clean.

9. Valerie says:

Want it all…so bling and alchemy inspired at the same time. XO Valerie

10. Lissette says:

Gorgeous! I’m such a sucker for anything gold.

11. Jessica says:

wow number 9!!! i want one of those :)