2010 gift guides: grace’s picks

Today I’m wrapping up my gift guides (stay tuned for 12 more guides next week and the week after!) with a roundup that’s a bit more personal: my own wish list! It’s funny — whenever my family asks about gifts for me each year, they have a hard time telling which of the things I write about I’d actually like to bring home. It’s hard to narrow down my favorites from all the beautiful things we get to write about every day, so I thought I’d share the pieces that made my own personal list this year. I’d be lucky to get any one of these things, and I thought there might be a few items here that would make great additions to your own lists. xo, grace

*Click here to check out this week’s gift guides (gifts $25 and under, $50 and under, $100 and under and splurge-worthy gifts), as well as all of the gift guides from earlier this season and years past.

Image above: 1. Tarte Lip Stain, $24; 2. Brownstone Bag, $126; 3. Lizzie Fortunato Pin, $220; 4. Swiss Dots Tights, $30; 5. Tiny Colorful Locket, $62; 6. iPhone Dock, $98; 7. Flannel Block-Printed Sheets, $140; 8. ExfoliKate, $15 (best exfoliating cream I’ve ever used); 9. Anna Emilia Print, $60; 10. Customized Calling Cards from Rifle Paper Co., 25 for $50; 11. On the Dot Bangle, $40

1. Ailbhe says:

Wow I love the Anna Emilia print. Definitely adding that to my list!

2. Julie says:

Love that Madewell bag. Nice, Grace!

3. Christine says:

I love the Anna Emilia Print – and the iPhone dock! I’ve never seen anything like that before – gorgeous! And the locket! Very nice picks

4. I just saw that the locket comes in six colors. Now I have to decide which color to put on my wish list. And I am with you on the flannel sheet set.

5. Kinley says:

I’ve been obsessing over those sheets too – they’re fantastic!

6. kate hart says:

oh, what a fun list! have you used the sephora lip stain? it sounds fantastic… :)

1. grace says:

kate:

i stole some of amy azzarito’s when we shot a video (i looked like a super pale ghost and needed a little color) and it was lovely :)

grace

7. stefanie says:

get outta my brain :) love everything…that bag makes me smile.

8. alissa says:

Great guide! Love it all – but I almost died laughing at myself. At first glance, I thought the “swiss dots” tights were a leg-lamp, like the one labeled “Fragile” from A Christmas Story. The skirt looks like a lamp shade. I’m still giggling over here.

9. Lisa says:

I am obsessed with Rifle Paper Co’s products! Their cards are absolutely delightful and high quality – they just have this gorgeous, smooth feel. The Anna Emilia print is amazing as well. And that Madewell bag! This is going to be a very expensive season.

10. annawithlove says:

Love exfolikate, wish it was avail in Toronto! I stock up whenever I am in the states! – perfect gift guide! :) xx

11. love the ipod docking station – that would be a wonderful present for hubby-to-be

12. Janie says:

Thank you for introducing me to the tiny colorful locket! It’s so precious!

13. sophie says:

I just discovered your blog- great place to find some inspiration and holiday tips!
    lovely items..

x

14. handz says:

Very nice choices!

15. Leslie says:

I love the polka dot tights… those may have just made it onto my wishlist!

16. bussbuss says:

Funny, my family recently said the exact same thing! “Which of those things that you feature do you really want, which do you already have, etc.?”

Love your wishlist — those tights were on my list too! ;)

17. Sara says:

The docking station is amazing. My parents run a b&b and they are always looking for a classier way to decorate around all of our tech needs. It’s just that they’ll need 14 of them ;0)

1. grace says:

sara

oh what a fun idea! i hadn’t thought about those in a hospitality setting- very cool :)

g

18. beautybets says:

Exfolikate is seriously crack for the face. Or, a facial in a tube. Or, citrusy scrubby GENIUS. So glad you agree, G!

19. g. says:

we just got new sheets too…the never-want-to-leave-your-bed-type from http://www.coyuchi.com/ – LIFE-CHANGING!