2010 gift guides: for travelers

Because I’ve been lucky enough to travel the world since the age of two, I have learned a few things about the highs and lows of the travel experience. Specifically, I’ve perfected the list of goodies that I bring on every trip! So whether traveling yourself or looking for a gift for the frequent traveler in your life this holiday, here are some of my top picks!

Beyond the luggage and the clothes, I think it is always important to prepare for the actual travel time with a selection of useful (and chic) items, like a wool blanket for those below-zero temps on the plane and a sturdy carry-on that fits perfectly under your seat! And one of the most important items: a handy luggage scale to help you keep your baggage under the weight restrictions (and avoid the already exorbitant luggage charges). With that saved cash, you can treat yourself to some duty-free chocolates for an even more delicious ride home! Happy holidays and happy traveling! — Stephanie

*This is our final gift guide for 2010! To see all 29, click here!*

Image above: 1. Lama Passport Holder, $12; 2. Manila iPad Leather Cover, $39; 3. Panasonic Headphones, $54; 4. Filson Wheeled Luggage, $475; 5. Jonathan Adler Playing Cards, $10; 6. Pink Leather Journal, $30

Image above: 1. Luggage Scale, $22.49; 2. Terrain Wool Throw, $158; 3. Flip Camera, $149 (prices vary); 4. Slippers and Case; 5. Large Red Leather Satchel, $137

1. annawithlove says:

I do a lot of traveling and this list is perfect!

2. terry says:

what great ideas!

im in love with that journal! @peaseblossom has some pretty amazing talent!

3. Caroline says:

Thank you so much for featuring me!

4. I travel quite a bit, so I always love travel roundups!!

The one thing I’ve found really handy for trips {and around town} is to keep a pair of compact ballet flats in your purse. They’re a life saver. {If you’re interested, I included the pair I have in a gift roundup recently.} :)

5. I want to add that throw to the essentials I keep in the ll bean boat bag I keep in the back of my wagon : )

6. kay* says:

i’m moving to India in the new year and have been searching for a leather covered journal that ties closed – just like the one you’ve shown! while i’ve been looking for something with lined paper this is just too beautiful – i’ll definitely be buying one to record my upcoming adventures!

7. Loll Designs says:

I love the red satchel!

8. Sean says:

wow! some great stuff in here – I especially love the Filson luggage, it’s really tasteful!

9. Virginia says:

I would love to see a gift guide for fellow business women!

1. grace says:

virginia

i’ll keep that in mind for next year. what sort of things would be in a guide like that? do you mean more officey-type supplies?

grace

10. I already have some of the items on this list – the Flip camera is great and I have the Manila folder for my MacBook air which I get lots of comments on. I’m drooling over the passport cover – will have to get one!