the whole story photo albums

AC and I always laugh about the fact that we have close to no pictures of ourselves in the house. Not even wedding photos. We have a few strips of black-and-white photos that sometimes end up on the fridge, but other than that, we tend to be pretty photo-free. Mostly because I sort of lost my love of making photo albums after college. But this new design from Debra Folz might make me rethink my album boredom.

Debra just finished her grad studies in furniture at RISD and released a project called “The Whole Story.” Because so many people store photos digitally these days, Debra wanted to design something that would make albums a more sculptural element within the home so you’re more inclined to revisit them. Each book stands independently on a reinforced front and back cover and has a removable binding that lets you expand the contents to view them accordion style. You can check “The Whole Story” albums right here and pick up your own for $180. Happy album-making! xo, grace

1. notabilia says:

LOVELOVELOVE. That’s all!

2. Inspired says:

I love this idea…and so easy to have more than one person look at, at a time.

Julie xo

3. susy says:

Wow. This is a really neat idea. And such a simple twist.

I love the way when they are standing, they just seem to say “Pick me up and look through me!”

4. Nathalie says:

i love the album’s accordion mode. i still think photographs look best as prints, when they have dimension, texture and touchable-ness.

5. Karen E. says:

This brings up interesting ideas about the relevance of photo albums nowadays. I’ve heard from other moms that their kids do love looking through photo albums, so I hope to hold on to the tradition now that I have a baby. I think this might be the way to go!

6. Sing says:

So very cool.

7. Bee Mo says:

I LOVE THIS!!! absolutely adorable and cool all in one sitting. This is so creative.

8. sarah says:

so creative! i may have to buy a few…

9. These are wonderful. I am years behind, but I have just gotten back into creating photo albums so this is a timely post for me.

10. Maria says:

Beautiful look, interesting concept. Unique. But am I alone in thinking that $180 per album is a bit high?

11. Betty says:

I love this idea so much and I think hard work and ingenuity should not be cheap but I would never ever ever pay $180 for a 6×8 album. That’s hilarious. $15 – $25 is more like it.

1. grace says:

betty

i understand that not being in everyone’s budget, but please don’t underestimate the time that goes into making something by hand. at $15 that’s barely paying someone a living hourly wage. if you factor in the materials and labor, i’m pretty sure she wouldn’t break even at $25.

grace