simply color: kim cornelison

This week’s palette and roundup are plucked from the home of photographer Kimberly Cornelison and her husband Alfie Ferreyra. Their entry hallway features the most beautiful mix of color! Turquoise looks stunning paired with small amounts of mustard yellow, fuchsia and retro reddish/brown accents. It may sound like an odd combination, but Kimberly and Alfie have proven that it works magnificently! I’m ready to give my hallway some color and personality, are you?! Find more unexpected palettes in the original sneak peek of this home. — Lauren

Palette
A. Peony (Benjamin Moore), PMS 214; B. Oxford Deep (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 412; C. Myth (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 3135; D. Acacia Cluster (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 459; E. Russet (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 724

Roundup
1. Amoeba Bowl, $68; 2. Crane Grellow Lamp, $99.95; 3. Farrow & Ball Wallpaper, price not listed; 4. Jaipur Area Rug, $39; 5. Basay Basket, $59.95; 6. Cornerstone Black Cabinet, $799

1. Muffin says:

thanks for the palette! That sneak peak was (and is) my favorite, I absolutely love it. :) Super inspiring shape, colors and design.

2. Dana Gibson says:

I love this hall! The dog is especially wonderful too.

3. Virginia says:

Oooh, I like the peony and turquoise with the earth tones, especially that yellow-brown.

4. elise says:

i love your site, but i’ve seen this image a little too often lately.

5. this is such a fantastic series! lauren, i love it!

6. Sage says:

I never thought I’d love wallpaper, but I LOVE this!! So inspiring – I want an entrance like that now :) Thanks for the ideas!! xo

7. Christy says:

I love that wallpaper! A small dose goes a long way!

8. I love this wallpaper too! The small spots of color are just enough. Any more and it would be too much. It’s nice some of the color is introduced with natural elements like flowers.