simply color: jessica helgerson

Designer Jessica Helgerson creates beautiful interiors and her house is no exception. This natural, calming palette is just right for her fresh and comfortable living room. Each piece of furniture and décor is unique; I was particularly drawn to the coffee table — made by her husband! — and to the Portuguese eel traps hanging over the fireplace. — Lauren

Palette
A. Midnight Black (Pratt & Lambert), PMS Black 3; B. Maple Cream (Valspar), PMS 7507; C. Larchmere (Sherwin-Williams), PMS 7472; D. Greenella (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 376; E. Silver Drop (Behr), PMS Cool Gray 1

Roundup
1. Chevron Knot Rug, $119+; 2. Mid-Century Chair, $248; 3. Footed Porcelain Dish, $20; 4. Petite Pinched Vase, $14; 5. Natural Tree-Stump Side Table, $199; 6. Paper Cloud Poppies Pillow, $88; 7. Decorative Bowl Wall Art, $29+

1. This is my kind of color pallet. Neutral and bright.

2. Lana says:

I love the clean, fresh, natural look of the entire room!

3. dominique says:

oh wow – who knew eel traps were so beautiful. I was wondering was those were. gorgeous space.

4. dominique says:

oh wow – who knew eel traps were so beautiful. I was wondering what those were. gorgeous space.

5. Diane says:

This is the first time I noticed the PMS numbers included. Great for those of us who shop with a pantone book in hand. Thanks.

1. grace says:

so glad you like them, diane! the PMS numbers are always included so just let us know if they’re not showing up for you at any point :)

grace

6. Christine says:

I absolutely love this! It’s my favorite color palatte and even just the pictures make me feel calmer!

7. thank you grace, in acknowledgment of Thanksgiving: i really do appreciate ALL your wonderful posts! :-)

1. grace says:

thanks so much andrea :)

grace

8. Paulina J! says:

Love this space!! Is the tree branch on the left fake, real and in water, or preserved?

9. SumaqRugs says:

The paper cloud pillow has just inspired me for a new rug design. It’s always great to get inspiration on a saturday morning.

10. I left a comment on a very old post, so in case that is a dead link..
    I just want to say Jessica Helgerson is amazing! This whole house is full of life, with such a simple color palate! I love Mid Century, but not when it is a theme, Jessica has done it with a modern style that is fresh and perfect for today! I would happily move in and not change a thing. I will be bringing in whole branches this spring; not vase size, but small tree size!, love that touch of real greenery in the large aqua vase on the floor.