simply color: hannah berman

This lovely kitchen belongs to Hannah Berman of Pie Bird Press. The vintage blue, red and turquoise color combination is classic and adds so much character to a small space. Hannah’s 1950s Wedgewood stove is amazing (notice the turquoise knobs), and I love the tile with red stripes around the countertop. I’m not much help in the kitchen, but with these fun colors, I might be willing to try! — Lauren

A. Pine Forest (Valspar), PMS 322; B. Beach Sparkle (Valspar), PMS 310; C. Green Sponge (Benjamin Moore), PMS 3265; D. Scarlet Sun (Valspar), PMS 172; E. Posh Red (Valspar), PMS 181

1. Amish Pyrex Mixing Bowls, $38; 2. KitchenAid Stand Mixer, $399.99; 3. Critter Cookie Cutters, $10; 4. Printed Jam Jar, $7; 5. Martha Stewart Round Pot, $34.99+; 6. Martha Stewart Blue Gripper Cutting Board, $14.99

1. Ah! How does she keep a cooker from the 1950’s soo immaculate- mine is three years old and soo dirty..heehee

2. Ella Fridman says:

This all looks so beautiful!!!!

3. Anne-Marie says:

Ah! I have that large turquoise w/ white pyrex bowl! it was my Mum’s, and when she was letting it go I rescued it.. 50 years of use and it looks good as new :) Gorgeous kitchen!

4. Michele says:

AAAHH! This is my dream kitchen. I looooove it.
    For now I have a print of a kitchen aid mixer, but one day i will actually own one.

5. Liz says:

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I just want to sink into that blue! I particularly love the little touch of the color in the cupboard handles! So cute!

6. Heather says:

holy bananas! I love the colors :)

7. Tati says:

I want this kitchen! :P

8. laura says:

Ahh i LOVE this colour combination :)

9. my favorite color combo! turquoise and red. love it

10. Lisa says:

I’ve always enjoyed that combination of red and aqua…it’s whimsical without being childish. Cool room!

11. Hannah B. says:

This pic has been in my inspiration folder for quite a while. I am in *love* with that jam jar and I *heart* my Martha Stewart pot! :)

12. jennie says:

I can’t even put into words how much I love this!

13. Tina says:

Love love love this kitchen.

14. Maggie says:

This is my favorite Simply Color feature ever- teal and red are my favorite color combo.

15. jules says:

such a happy and fun cooking environment!

16. I have this color combo in my kitchen, too, with a little dash of orange for good measure. It makes for such a cheerful space! I do wish I had such a cute vintage, stove, though. That looks like it really adds such a homey, happy-memories sort of touch.

17. Jutta says:

That would totally be my dream kitchen!

18. My entire kitchen is in this color scheme, right down to my KitchenAid and Le Crueset!

19. Kelly says:

Wait a minute, I have a Wedgewood stove, but with dingy white knobs, where does one get turquoise knobs?!

20. Maggy says:

I am in love with this kitchen. Drool.

21. This is so inspiring. I love red. I have a big red caste iron pot much like the ne featured here. I want a red kitchen aid. We shall see.

I really should do some color coordinating in my kitchen to brighten things up.

22. BONUS! I just went to the Macy’s website and the Martha Stewart items listed above are on sale!

What a fun kitchen! :)

23. jen says:

i love hannah berman! she’s a genius.

24. SewltryChiq says:

I was on twitter when I found the link to this page. I looooooooooooooove that kitchen. All the pretty blues with that punch of red is awesome!

25. Madeline says:

nice use of bright colors from the wall to kitchen accessories.

26. where might one pick up knobs like that to spice up a kitchen? Any ideas?

27. Marty J. says:

I love this! I’ve linked this and another (which I’m about to comment on as well) post to my own blog. Love the colors and vintage stove. Sigh.

28. Susan says:

I have my great aunts 1940’s Okeefe and Merrit stove. It CAME with red knobs and pull bars. I love it to death!

29. Donna Hallett says:

What did you use as a pot rack and rack for lids?