emily thompson wreaths

Today is my last morning in Boston before heading back home to Brooklyn. The weather has been so beautiful and all the changing leaves make it a little easier to accept that the year is coming to a close. Every Fall I feel like the holidays sneak up on me and come too soon, but I’m starting to feel more ready if I focus on the fun ways I can decorate instead. Although I love Christmas trees, I’m not a big fan of traditional holiday decorating and I prefer to stick with natural materials whenever possible. So these wreaths from Emily Thompson Flowers in Brooklyn are right up my alley. Emily uses a mixture of twigs, pinecones, greenery and fruit to create these amazing wreaths that would be perfect for doors, or as a nice housewarming/hostess gift for someone throwing a holiday party this year. You can check out Emily’s blog right here and order Emily’s wreaths by contacting the studio. Stay tuned, because starting tomorrow we’re going to be sharing beautiful Thanksgiving floral decoration ideas from a handful of my favorite florists! If you’re looking for a beautiful, natural way to decorate you’re going to love what they have in store. xo, grace

1. Rebecca says:

These are so delicate and beautiful. I don’t usually like wreaths as they are quite heavy looking, but these are so refreshing!

2. Julee says:

They have a certain elegance to them I agree – but they seem green as in not done – think these need more work. These have promise but for me these come across as not sturdy and unfinished.

1. grace says:

julee

i can’t speak to issues of taste and style (those are entirely personal), but i have seen these in person before and can assure you they’re well made and quite sturdy.

grace

3. យ៉ារ៉ាត says:

I love the last one too; I love all the the fragile-looking design

4. Clair says:

These are great. My father grew up in Ireland and they decorated for Christmas by taking sprigs and tucking them behind picture frames and resting them on window sills. These remind me of that simple but beautiful way of decorating.

5. Desiree Kane says:

i love how pretty & unconventional these are! bravo!

6. elsa says:

oh my goodness … love these wreaths! they are so beautiful and can be used as ART!

7. carolyn says:

wow! these are so lovely-unexpected and fresh, yet so festive.

8. Sam says:

i love the assymetry of the first one…so uniquely beautiful.

9. Sarah w. says:

These are beautiful! So refreshing and light. This is what wreaths should be.

10. These are beautiful and I bet they smell good too. I would throw in some dried orange slices for color.

11. By far the prettiest wreaths I have ever seen! I love how soft and delicate they are.

12. Ann says:

Absolutely wonderful! wonderful!
    I love the lines and the simplicity!

13. arroyo says:

I love these! They are seasonal yet don’t scream ‘holiday’ — just gorgeous. Thanks for the link.

14. Ming says:

So gorgeous and original.

15. Sarah H. says:

So glad to see these here! I have one that has lasted forever and it is soo beautiful. Also very sturdy, and totally great in all seasons. Mine had some leaves and even looked amazing when they dried!

16. Angela Brock says:

These are so beautiful! Great ideas.

17. Martha says:

Very unique. This could work any time of year too!

18. eva says:

what a great idea! so beautiful

19. Thanks so much for all your comments, everyone! It’s wonderful to get such a response.

20. Dulcie says:

I just love these.

21. Shawna says:

These are awesome.

22. Kelly Fogg says:

I made a wreath inspired by these for a hostess gift for my mother-in-law on Thanksgiving. It was a big hit. Thanks.