bowling lane table

After reading through my submission box last night I realized today was quickly turning into an all-before-and-afters day. But you guys really sent over some amazing projects this week, so I couldn’t resist sharing some extras. This amazing table was created by designer and builder Gregory Wilcox of Corvus Design Build. Greg purchased a huge pile of old bowling alley lanes and used the wood to create a series of conference and coffee tables. I can’t imagine how cool it would be to work at something like this- and how hard it would be to resist rolling balls of paper down the lanes on the tabletop while working. I love that Greg kept the original shiny finish on the wood- it’s definitely a clever way to reuse and recycle. Thanks to Greg’s friend Julie for sending this over! xo, grace

*Image above via the Barometer

1. Evie says:

very clever! I love the look of that wood, and it comes pre-distressed….nice!

2. Ashley says:

Very clever!! I love how he kept the original finish. Makes me want to go salvage shopping, haha!

3. sarah says:

love it! I want one!

4. I love this!! And the cute Pointer on the table doesn’t hurt either ;)

5. carmine says:

What a great design. I love how movement remains incorporated into the “lane,” with wheels on one end to move the table and a platform on the other to anchor it. Great idea to have the lane’s arrows pointing in the direction the table moves, too.

6. AshleyAnn says:

I like everything about this table…the legs are just a perfect fit. Well done!

7. nathalie says:

wow! that would be an amazing studio table.

8. Emily says:

So excited see his! 11 years ago I had a neighbor friend who made a bowling lane table as well. He was moving away and just gave it to me, which I later gave away, too, due to lack of space. I SO wish I had kept it- beautiful and sturdy as ever!!

9. Emily says:

So excited to see this! 11 years ago I had a neighbor who made a bowling lane table as well. He ended up giving it to me which I later had to give away due to lack of space. I So wish I had kept it – beautiful and sturdy as ever!

10. mg says:

I thought about this briefly for a coffee table. In NYC, this place:

has some bowling alley floor for sale at $8/sq ft, and this:

seemed like a cheap, easy leg solution. But then I read some more online and it turns out bowling alley boards can be really hard to work with – full of nails or glued together, very hard, very heavy. Seems like a great project, and I’m that-much-more-impressed with people that actually have the skill, tools and time to pull it off.

11. Meghan says:

How great! There’s a bowling alley/bar/concert space near me with a whole bar made like this – it’s so unique. I love how he kept the little guide arrows.

12. heather seno says:

my kitchen counters are made of bowling alley lanes and i love them! this is great! makes me want a table to match my kitchen counters.

13. Lisa says:

Our local salvage place has bowling lane pieces for sale. They aren’t cheap, but it’s still tempting to use them for something– they are incredibly sturdy and great looking.

14. Megan Clouse says:

Ha, ha!! Love the “before” photo. :)

15. Michelle says:

Oh my goodness those bent table legs with wheels are absolutely incredible!!

16. David Zweig says:

Awesome tabletop. Terrible legs.

17. Rose says:

I have some friends that did this and I always love seeing their dining table.

18. Oona says:

What an awesome concept! But the dog is my favorite part!

19. Rebecca says:

This is SO cool! In a perfect world, I would give one to my dear father-in-law, a diehard fan of The Big Lebowski.

20. Kim says:

So innovative. All the Before & Afters are really impressive today!

21. red cardinal says:

I love it! Where the legs pre-fabricated or did your friend have them welded and added his own castors?

22. D'Homez says:

very nice! i like the idea of using that wood for your table.

23. Jenny says:

My kitchen counters are made from an old bowling alley, but we sanded it and stained it dark. See for yourself

24. Dar says:

Oh – I love this idea. I have a kitchen chop-block made from a piece of a bowling alley lane from my Dad’s home town; I adore it. I especially liked the before&afters today – thanks!

25. Danielle says:

I love this! Where are the chairs from?

26. Sarah says:

So beautiful. But be careful with the oils underneath—I worked at a studio with such a table and had many a pair of jeans tinted with oils at the knees from brushing with the table’s belly.

27. I love that German Shorthaired Pointer in the picture!! Great table, too!

28. Susan Higgins says:

We work with salvaged bowling lanes. Your table is beautiful! Any one interested in seeing ours can check out our website at hinz57.com