One of the best things about working on Design*Sponge is getting to meet people early in their careers and then watching them go through milestones online. I’ve enjoyed seeing some of my favorite artists start their businesses, fall in love, get married and have children. Today I’m thrilled to present a sneak peek at the wedding of two people whose home we featured last year, Catherine and Erik Nordstrom! When we first met Catherine and Erik, they were newly engaged and now their story has come full circle — their wedding photographer Tec Petaja shared their wedding photos with us because Catherine and Erik found him through D*S! The couple was married in France and I’m so grateful that Tec sent these along (I love ending the week on a happy note). Their wedding is the perfect mix of minimal details and a spectacular location. Congrats to Catherine + Erik from everyone at D*S — we wish you the very best!
I’m off to finish some last-minute D*S Book edits this weekend and then it’s back to preparing some fun font-themed content for next week. Stay tuned for a font contest and much more! xo, grace
*P.S. Click here to peek inside Tec and his wife Chelsea’s beautiful home.
Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:
- Must-Read Posts of the Week: Sneak Peek Best Of: Fireplaces, Top 20 Hardware Resources, Hardware Roundup: 40 of My Favorites, Video Tour of Grace’s Bedroom
- New City Guide: Berlin City Guide
- Biz Ladies: Email Marketing
- Living In: La Vie en Rose
- Sneak Peeks: Jen from Cabin 7, Alissa Pulcrano of Bright Designlab, Amie Corley
- DIY Projects: Canvas Calendar, Mollie’s Newspaper Taxidermy
- What’s in Your Pocket(book): The Grain Edit Team!
- Before & Afters: Tim’s Bedroom, Calli’s Dresser + Amy’s Living Room, Emily’s Bathroom, Amy’s Bedroom Makeover w/ Nightwood
- Sewing 101: Wool Felt Pot Holders, Mollie’s Newspaper Taxidermy
- Before & After Basics: Hardware
- Simply Color: Nina Gotlieb
- Small Measures with Ashley: Tea Staining Fabric
- In the Kitchen With: Kate Gover’s Assam Chai-der Tea Cake
- Flowers A to Z: B is for Brassica
- Misc.: Lisa Solomon for the Working Proof, Have Your Say in Helvetica, Meet My 2011 Calendar, Papercut Notepads from Mr. Yen, Food Paintings, Reusable Patterned Tea Cup
CLICK HERE for 10 more photos from Catherine + Eric’s wedding after the jump!
I love Catherine’s beautiful fabric hair flowers
This door color is perfection. It makes me want to paint my apartment door blue to hold on to some of that summer color.