weekly wrap up + catherine & erik’s wedding

One of the best things about working on Design*Sponge is getting to meet people early in their careers and then watching them go through milestones online. I’ve enjoyed seeing some of my favorite artists start their businesses, fall in love, get married and have children. Today I’m thrilled to present a sneak peek at the wedding of two people whose home we featured last year, Catherine and Erik Nordstrom! When we first met Catherine and Erik, they were newly engaged and now their story has come full circle — their wedding photographer Tec Petaja shared their wedding photos with us because Catherine and Erik found him through D*S! The couple was married in France and I’m so grateful that Tec sent these along (I love ending the week on a happy note). Their wedding is the perfect mix of minimal details and a spectacular location. Congrats to Catherine + Erik from everyone at D*S — we wish you the very best!

I’m off to finish some last-minute D*S Book edits this weekend and then it’s back to preparing some fun font-themed content for next week. Stay tuned for a font contest and much more! xo, grace

*P.S. Click here to peek inside Tec and his wife Chelsea’s beautiful home.

Below is a summary of this week’s highlights:

CLICK HERE for 10 more photos from Catherine + Eric’s wedding after the jump!

I love Catherine’s beautiful fabric hair flowers

This door color is perfection. It makes me want to paint my apartment door blue to hold on to some of that summer color.

1. Everything about that wedding looks magical! xoxo

2. This bride is really beautiful….I love that she designed her own dress….every inch of this wedding makes me jump!xo

3. Carolina says:

The feature photo is wonderful. I married in blue jeans at the county courthouse so I enjoy seeing other people’s wedding finery and photos.

4. Lauren McKinley says:

I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THESE TOO!

Catherine- your dress is stunning and I am only dreaming of one of my own exactly the same.

Erik- Your face at the ceremony… breathtakingly in love. You both seem so cool

5. Sophia says:

Quite possibly the most gorgeous wedding ever.

6. Hilary says:

The white dress is really something special!

7. Kaeli says:

I just Discovered your Website! and I am in Love with it! :-)

8. eva says:

what an amazing idea of wedding… from the gowns, set up and the venue.. bravo! very romantic.

9. abby jenkins says:

that lovely tale and delightful photos make me want to marry my husband all over again! Gratulationer och lyckönskningar!

10. katie kirby says:

Such Beautiful photographs! I got married in France this summer and it brought it all back! Beautiful!

11. Jordan says:

Any one know where I could find bridesmaid dresses like the ones above? I absolutely love them…they are exactly what I am looking for and cannot find.

12. E says:

Does this mean we’ll never find out who made the wedding dress? I’ve been dying to know!

13. Rachel says:

Oh my gosh, where is the dress from, its sooo beautiful!

14. Mana says:

Where is the exact location of this wedding? Nice??

15. Lea says:

well could we get the design for the dress.. I would make my dress if I could get it to look like that

16. Cécile says:

Hello, i am getting married in France in September this year, i am french, and i fell completely in love with the dress of Cathy here on the photos !She said in one of her comments that we could eventually join her about this topic,as she disigned it heerself, so i was wondering if you could give me her email adress. I am planning to make my dress by a seamstress as well and the dress of cathy is even more beautiful that what i had ever imagined. Thank you for your kind help,
    Kind Regards
    Cécile

17. karen says:

Hi D*S, sorry to be the one of many to absolutely love this dress and ask if i could have Cathy’s email address. I am having one of my girlfriends create something almost like this, so it was awesome to come across this blog and see a creation i had in mind which looked amazing on Cathy. one part i am having a hard time finding is the lace. Thanks in advance for your help!

18. Lara says:

Hi DS, I’d like to echo what the last commenter said and ask if you would please send me Catherine’s email address? I am interested in learning if she could recommend the seamstress she used. Any help you can give would be much appreciated!

1. Grace Bonney says:

lara

i’m afraid she’s asked that we not give it out anymore, sorry :(

grace

19. Lara says:

Thanks for replying, Grace- I guess I can understand due to the popularity! Love D*S, btw. :)

20. Columbine says:

This probably won’t help the budget-minded, but the British designer Sally Lacock makes dresses very similar to the one that Catherine and her seamstress designed. They are gorgeous, and wonderfully inspirational. http://sallylacock.com/vintage-inspired-wedding-dresses/

I also highly recommend Leanne Marshall and Elizabeth Dye for similar dresses, both designers who are making important names for themselves, but also still oversee the production of every dress. Check out their etsy stores. I just bought my dress from Leanne’s studio in New York. She was there, very, very amenable to customizing the dress, took my measurements herself. Highly recommended.

21. REBECCA DAUWE says:

Hi, I am getting married in this exact same venue in August 2014 and I stumbled across this page while searching my venue. We are unsure about a few things about the venue, for example where to hold the ceremony, in the chapel or on the lawn and also we are really really unsure where to hold the dancing. It would absolutely amazing to get some guidance from another couple who have been married at L’abbaye as to what does and doesn’t work. I know you said the bride is not giving out her email address anymore with regards to the dress but I wondered if she would in this instance just to help us plan our wedding. I completely understand if she would prefer not to. Many thanks, Rebecca :-)

22. Elisa says:

Hi Rebecca,

I am getting married a l’Abbaye this summer, do you have any advice for me? I’d love to get in touch!

Elisa