stop-motion wedding video

I love a good short video, especially when there’s a happy ending. This wedding video is a fun, festive and unique way to document a special day and I love the playfulness of it. Bonnie and Rhys were married at Margaret River in Western Australia and worked with photographers Sophia Bayly and Simon Moore to create this fun stop-motion animation of their wedding. From the opening shots of the walking shoes to the final moments, it’s a beautiful four-minute look into a special day. Thanks to Grace for the tip! xo, grace

1. Andrea says:

Anyone know the song playing in the background? I like.

2. Beautiful video, thanks for sharing :) Quick question: Do you know what the song playing is? Thanks!

3. robinette says:

Totally love this! @ Andrea: the song is “Buffalo” by the Phoenix Foundation – love it, too!

4. Meg says:

I do too, Andrea! It’s “Buffalo” by the Phoenix Foundation. (Thank you, Shazam…)

5. Never mind, found it…”Buffalo” by The Phoenix Foundation (an indie from Wellington, New Zealand).

6. Julie says:

wow, this is so cool!!! i love the scenes with the groom and the best men and the shirts! awesome!!

7. Katie says:

Such a sweet video! Makes me smile and look forward to my own Big Day that much more!!!

8. Janell Beals says:

That was simply wonderful! Janell

9. jenn says:

gaaaahhhh… so very good!!!

10. Barbara says:

I always cry at weddings but this one had me grinning all the way. Great video, super music! Big happy to the couple!!!!

11. stephanie says:

I love stop motion! It makes everything so great. + great song choice.

12. LOVE! Stunning! Not enough good words in the human language to describe how cute their wedding was and how wonderful that stop video is! Awesome! And the song! :) Wow.

13. Awww…SO sweet! I love it! :)

14. Indounik says:

We West Aussies love to play out loud but have to give it to those guys, that little vid takes the cake. The wedding cake!

15. Absolutely awesome!!! What a great job and definitely a creative way of remembering the day… I would totally do this over several photo albums!

16. Deb says:

BEST wedding “video” ever! I wish I had something like that from mine!

17. Emma says:

Wow – that was incredible! And so proud that it was someone from WA! Welldone guys. x

18. KimRose says:

Delightful in every way.

19. that’s so unique and refreshing! what an awesome job the photographer’s did. I have the feeling a lot of people are going to be wanting a similar video for their wedding after watching this delightful clip!

20. Shauna says:

Seriously the BEST wedding video I’ve seen and one that could actually be seen again and again. Love it!

21. Renee loves says:

This is awesome, love the part where the orange balloons were passed along…. actually loved all of it!!!

22. Alisha says:

That was so pefect.

23. d*s fan says:

so much better than an actual video! it captures the highlights and the overall feeling of the day, i love it!

my only suggestion would be to maybe slow down the pace just at one spot right where they said I do or turned to walk down the isle since that was the biggest part of the day.

24. Jackie Lamas says:

the cuteset thing ever! i would so want that at my wedding if i get married!

25. Jessica says:

Beautiful! The couple’s personalities shine though in this video. Oh the song is “Buffalo” by The Phoenix Foundation – I had to shazam it :)

26. Norma Jean says:

What program was used to make this video

27. Clare says:

Wooo! Yay for the West Aussies! My cousin-in-law actually got married at the winery that this couple got married at.

28. Annie says:

Love it – totally adorable. Thanks for sharing :)

29. adam loewen says:

very cool/original take on a wedding video!

30. I am in awe of the creativity in this video. Thanks for sharing it!

31. koko says:

Soooooooooo Sweet! Make me smile and cry :) because its simply naturally. Congratulations! ;)

32. lisa onstad says:

that made my day. thanks!

33. Ron Ruth says:

Extraordinarily fun and creative video. Would love to have one of my client’s wedding receptions shot in the stop-motion style. Very cool!

34. Amazing and yet so special! A truly wonderful way of capturing the essence of the day without having to sit through hours of wedding footage…ahh technology, wish this had have been available when I said “Ido”, saying that it has given me a few ideas for our next big family event…the Canon is going to get a workout! Love it! Thanks DS for showing this.

35. Julie says:

Ow, what a sweet little twist on a wedding video, very original and totally adorable…

36. Kristen says:

This is brilliant and BEAUTIFUL! I am a wedding photographer and it gives me a whole other level of appreciation for this as an art form. Such delight for my eyes!

37. Lauren says:

This video made me get all teary– looking forward to my wedding 7/23/11! I had to send this to my friend and photographer, iangattie.com :-)

38. Chloe says:

Bayley and Moore <3 I love stop motion! I agree slow down the part where they are walking down the aisle after the 'I do's'… perfection!