spruce upholstery: the tv pilot!

I’m a HUGE fan of the talented ladies at Spruce Upholstery, so when I heard that they launched a TV pilot, I was thrilled! They were kind enough to pass along the first episode (if any TV networks are reading, give them a call!) and I thought I’d share it this morning, for any of you fellow fabric and upholstery fans. It’s a blast to see the girls in person and watch them do their thing; they make me want to take an upholstery class RIGHT NOW. What an awesome skill to have. Congrats, guys! xo, grace

1. karoline says:

Love it! I hope it makes it to TV. I would definitely be a loyal viewer. Congrats on your successful business.

2. Vicki says:

Ooooooooh I would watch the crap out of this show. Great job, Spruce! I hope it gets picked up!

3. Yes, this is so awesome! I do hope it gets picked up! I would sooooo watch this show!

4. Dabito says:

It was a joy to watch. I had a smile the entire time. I can’t wait to see more from the Sprucettes!

5. peggy says:

i loooooove it! show me more!

6. Yun says:

That is great! Really well done. I would love to watch more episodes…hope it will be picked up!

7. Melkorka Kjarval says:

loved this so much! such a pick me up to see optimistic funny and impressive ladies working together – I really enjoyed this – I hope it gets picked up!

8. Awesome pilot. As a fellow Texan (Houston) and Etsian I would like to congratulate you on such a good pilot. I hope you get picked up by someone quick!! Great motiviation for furniture makers like myself here in the Lone Star State.

9. So fun! Me want more.

10. Molly says:

Oh my goodness! I love this. I really, really hope a network is smart enough to pick this up! So creative and inspiring. Thanks for sharing this!

11. Anne says:

This is so amazing!!! I want to see more! This would totally fit in to HGTV! Love it!

12. nadine says:

I am so jealous of their strength!That is hard work. Great pilot. I will def be looking for the show. Good job.

13. Jennifer says:

I’ve been to Amanda’s retail space in Austin, and it is —AMAZING!! The work they do is just unbelievable.

14. Aracely says:

That was soooo great. I can’t wait for the next episode. Once again, you have inspired us with more wonderful people who are creating beautiful things and seem really, really happy doing it…my goal.

15. Kohi says:

So, so, so, SO cute! I loved every minute of it and am keeping my fingers, and toes crossed that the right person will pick them up! best wishes!

16. I love this. I have always wanted to learn how to upholster furniture. I have a chair just waiting to be recovered. Definately a good television show.

17. Oh I so hope this makes it to TV. Its like Rachel Zoe but furniture. Love Love Love it!

18. Deb says:

loved the clip ,this is a true green reality show ,best of luck !!!

19. Nancy says:

Amazing work and fabulous pilot! This could be the next Charm City Cakes … a fun group of people making one-of-a-kind works of art! If I were a TV producer for HGTV, TLC or Bravo I would snatch it up in a heartbeat. And they could easily offer week-long Upholstery Camps that would fill up with design*sponge junkies in no time. Thanks for the great post, Grace.

20. soul pretty says:

Now that’s my kind of reality show…there is nothing on t.v. like it…Too bad HGTV is so consumed with House Hunting…I’m going out to buy fabric now to cover the two chairs I’ve been procrastinating over for months…thanks.

21. Jen says:

Some gals and I have proposed this idea to Etsy Labs, we want a workshop! If anyone in the NYC area could teach us upholstery, we’d love to have a class!!

PS this would be the cutest HGTV show.

22. Kiki says:

Here for the 1st time since my computer died on me…. and WHAT a show this is!!! Hurrah…. and congrats to the power gals!
    I have been covering two or three chairs myself – chairs cheaply bought and styled to my taste for my rooms but this is head and heels better than my work! Would love a course too – are you doing any in France?! LOL….
    Thank you so much; wishing you much success, continuing joy and a blast with your old furniture you give a new lease of life!
    Kiki

23. OOOOOH! I can’t wait to see more episodes. Maybe Oprah’s new network will pick up the show. Has anyone pitched it to OWN?

What a fun group of talented people. Wish they were in Chicago. I have a handful of gorgeous furniture that needs to be upholstered. :) Best of luck to the Sprucies! YAY! xoxoj

24. Jenn says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! More episodes please!!!

25. Colleen says:

I would watch that! (in fact i just did.) I just hope that if it does get picked up it doesnt degenerate into drama/design.

26. Cher@NR says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEED it! Totally will be subscribing to their youtube channel! I would love to see more, and I think this is such a great twist on the million cup cake shows out already!

27. Spruce says:

Thanks so much for all of the wonderful comments! We hope to be bringing you all more episodes soon. AND we would LOVE to teach some classes abroad, especially with our wonderful Etsy friends!!

28. sarah says:

Oh, I so happy about this. I ordered a chair from them a few years ago and it is still the most cherished item in my home. How great for them!

29. Fiona says:

Would love to see more of them. Great energy and chemistry. I’ll be rooting for them! : )

30. Monique says:

This is adorable and totally needs to be made into a show NOW! Love it!

31. Leonie says:

AMAZING! there are not enough words!

32. Judie says:

So, when does the next episode air? I would love to see a network pick this up (and air it in Australia).

1. grace says:

judie

the show hasn’t been picked up yet, but hopefully it will be soon :)

g

33. Fabulous pilot-wonderful team!! This definitely should be a regular on HGTV! One suggestion–Please, Spruce, get some A/C, and wear face masks when you’re ripping apart old furniture!! Can you say “DUST MITES”???? You’ll all end up with asthma!!! Seriously, I worry for your lungs!!

34. betsy says:

How cute is that?? :) I would totally watch this show. It’s kind of like Ace of Cakes except w/fabric and the kind of women I’d like to have brunch w/on a Sunday afternoon! Hope it gets picked up!

35. Lucy says:

I would totally watch that show! We need more tv like this!

36. heather french says:

I LOOOOOVED THIS! It’s like a combo of american pickers and man shops globe, how lovely! I’ll be addicted as soon as this get’s picked up! Go sprucettes!

37. Ana says:

I would SO watch this show! I really hope it gets picked up by some network!

38. Mitzi says:

Watched it twice! So inspiring, and I sincerely hope this show gets picked up! la-la-love it!

39. Saioa says:

Wiwwwwwwww, it is great! I love the video, it is so encouraging, Now I want to do things, a lot of things :))))

40. EngineerChic says:

I am even MORE determined to take an upholstery class now. And lucky me, I live close to the Eliot School (not bragging, but there has to be some perk for living in a high COL area!)

41. Shannon says:

These girls are awesome and adorable! I would absolutely watch this show! I hope they get picked up soon!

42. Many thanks for everyone’s kind remarks about the pilot episode. My crew and I had a great time working with the Sprucettes, and I can’t wait to share more of their beautiful work.

43. Lisa says:

FANtastic!!! Love this, would absolutely watch this show, hope we can get it in Australia… and, I know I’m dreaming, but can you do some classes here!? heh heh… don’t know if I can cope with being inspired from afar.

Awesome.

44. Jami says:

I LOVED this – have been wanting to learn how to re-upholster for a while now, am a dedicated Goodwill/Salvation Army furniture shopper and have a garage bursting with items to be refinished and re-upholstered. Also, I grew up in Seguin and couldn’t stop laughing when I saw that’s where Amanda ended up. I don’t recognize that ranch, tho – any chance you could tell me what street/route it was located on? Really hoping this gets picked up!

45. Kristy says:

This was amazing! I really hope it gets picked up!

46. Karen Keavey says:

Fabulous Show…and a total inspiration….i can’t believe how COO L it is and the whole Spruceness of it all…
    Upholstery never was soo groovy!

47. Cynthia B says:

THANKS FOR DOING THIS!!!! I am a female upholsterer in Minnesota and I get so tired of seeing design show with women tacking dress fabric onto little boards. Strong, skilled women using upholstery tools???? Heck yes!!! Thanks for putting together a pilot that shows what upholstery is REALLY about – I hope hope hope this gets picked up!!!!!

48. Melissa T. says:

What a great idea, a show about women upholsterers! Being an upholster my self I amvery excited to see another episode!! Good luck ladies!!