fall roundup: inspired by apple picking

I’ve been reading about so many fall apple-picking trips that I decided I’d take my own (virtual) apple picking trip today: to pick out 40 of my favorite apple-themed home designs under $100. From prints and stationery to pots and cutting boards, there are so many ways to celebrate my favorite fruit this season. I love apple designs that look a little weathered, so I tried to mix in a variety of apple styles — from bright greens to soft yellows and reds. If you’re like me and can’t escape to pick apples in person, I hope this roundup will take care of your fall apple urges! xo, grace

*P.S.: If you love the apple notepad below as much as I do, check out this great DIY tutorial to make a similar sculpture from paper!

Image above: 1. Oh My Cavalier Apple Branch print, $30; 2. Apple enamel pot, $99.99; 3. Apple print sewing box, $30; 4. Mod Pomme pot, $48; 5. Apple bottle opener, $26; 6. Glass apple decoupage dome, $60; 7. Apple necklace, $97.32; 8. Apple paper clips, $6.99

Image above: 1. Apple box, $30; 2. Crocheted apple boxes, $7 each; 3. Apple a Day teatowel, $15; 4. Paper apple napkins, $6.20; 5. Bad apple rings, $12 each; 6. Apples and Pears mug, $16; 7. Lavender scented stuffed apples, $45

Image above: 1. Apple chromolithograph, $21.50; 2. Apple tags, $2 for 10; 3. Apple wall hook, $1; 4. Apple lamp, $49.99; 5. Apple glass, $2.95; 6. John Derian apple salad plates, $19.99 for 8; 7. Apple plate (comes with mug), $55; 8. Apple earrings, $39

Image above: 1. Apple fabric, $4 per yard; 2. Fruit slices memo notepad, $4.95; 3. Apple mugs, $13.50; 4. Apple tray, $31; 5. Apple chopping board, $38.50; 6. Apple rubber stamp, $4.95; 7. Apple teakettle, $29.99

CLICK HERE for the rest of the roundup after the jump!

Image above, clockwise from top left: Big apple chalkboard, $36; Golden apple tray, $25; Vintage studded brass apple, $28 (love this!)

Image above, clockwise from top left: Antique apple print, $34.95; Apple terrarium, $79; Apple tablecloth, $63

Image above, clockwise from top left: Set of 6 vintage plastic apples, $14; Apple tea towel, $16.50; Red apple canvas, $79

Image above: Fruit letterpress notecards, $8 for 3

1. iHanna says:

Yummy stuff, apple is a great form. I’m impressed that you weren’t tempted (just a little?) to include an iphone or two?

1. grace says:

ha, i looked for apple-printed iphone covers but couldn’t find any. but just about every search i did ended up with a dozen laptops at the top ;)

2. Sara says:

Did you see these? Super awesome, and under $100 to make, too.

3. What a lovely selection of all things apple!!
    Funny comment about the laptops too!

4. Apple butter, apple cider, apples and cheese…nothing says fall snack like apples. I recently posted a similarly themed post on “Cider Sipping”: http://hilaryinspired.wordpress.com/2010/10/15/cider-sipping/

5. LaceandLikes says:

LOVE all of the apples!!! such great finds

6. Love all these fun apple items! Super cute. Thanks for sharing.

7. elisa says:

very fond of apples over here at appleturnover ;) i adore the pink + red apple fabric, we made a couple of sweet children’s aprons using it, i shall have to post.
    nice tutorial! x

8. This post just made me happy. Apple images have always brought a smile to my face.

9. Heather says:

I love everything about every one of these picks! I love that apple and pear terrarium!

10. Dawn Hearn says:

This is my first time visiting your blog…what a great refreshing experience. I am a fan and have already added Design Sponge to my bookmarks. FYI – My favorite is the apple bottle opener.

11. carter says:

So cute!! One of my favorite apple products is this adorable apple pillow by MyDearDarling: http://www.mydeardarling.com/shop_pillow_apple.html

12. Thanks so much for the mention!

13. Jenny Hoople says:

Wonderful! I especially love all the apple prints :) That chromolithograph is so cool!!

14. Isabella says:

One of my favorite selections so far…Wish I could pick one of each imagine. :)

15. Eva says:

the memo notepad is the best.

16. Christine says:

i adore them all. those glorious letterpress notecards are my favorite…

17. Amanda Swann says:

What a great post. I have to agree, that I LOVE the vintage brass studded apple. I also really like the blue plastic apples (I’m really into that color right now)

18. Natasha says:

Such a lovely post! Love the big apple chalkboard.

19. Meggan says:

Yea for Natalie’s apple box! Love love love them!!

20. Wouldn’t all of these make good teacher gifts?

21. So cute! I’ve noticed apples are making a comeback.

22. DREAMS!! I just emailed this page to my boyfriend with “Christmas – any of the above” in the subject line, thank you D*S!

1. grace says:

lol. so glad you liked it eleni! ;)

23. Clare says:

Loving these apple designs, especially the “Apple A Day” tea towel by Mary Fellows at Pintuck. A very nice lady, and we love her birthday cards too!

24. Holly says:

If you’re looking to find the Lotta Kulhorn apple items closer to home you can find them here: http://www.huset-shop.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=lotta

25. Corinna says:

What a great selection! I particularly like the letterpress cards.

I wrote a similar story for Sweetspot.ca: http://bit.ly/9E1iBA

26. jonahliza says:

that apple pot is too cute.. i can just picture it on my stove top.

27. jonahliza says:

ps have you seen these lovely little “apple jackets” ? i was just thinkin about them earlier today.

28. Tracy says:

Grace, Thank you so much for including my letterpress notecards! I’m honored to be featured on your site. Thank you, kindly!

29. Jo says:

Thanks for including our cute Apple Print Mugs in your fantastic apple themed post. Feeling very Autumnal over here now!

30. Flora says:

Brilliant! May I suggest this one too:

Have a lovely day :)

31. Cremerish says:

(excuse me for me for my bad english!)
    I’m a student from belgium and I have to make a task about this website! Our teacher gave us 3 websites (Amazon.com, this one, and a belgian one), which we need to compare. The thing is.. I have to compare the payment methods, delivering methods … but, am I right if I say that you can’t order something on this website?

1. grace says:

nope, you can’t order directly through design*sponge. we provide links in each post where you can buy the items :)

32. wow! am loving the apple collection, i especially like the enamel pot and the vintage studded gold apple. they are so unusal. great article

33. Anne says:

Lovely suggestions. Love the apple tea-pot! Think I’m gonna buy it.

34. Maestra Cruz says:

As a teacher, this is a dream come true! The apple paper clips are a dream :)

35. Apples, the perfect snack, that’s fast food.