The Studio Choo girls are taking a break this week, so I’m thrilled to welcome Sierra and Juliet from Poppies and Posies for a guest post. Take it away, ladies!
Recently, we started a little something on our blog called “From Flowers to Fashion” and we’ve been having a blast with it. We put together floral arrangements that we thought would make fabulous outfits!
When considering the direction to take for this shoot, we explored and pushed the boundaries of the traditional autumnal color palette. Don’t get us wrong, we are all for your rich russets and burnt oranges, but there is a plethora of produce and flowers available in fall that don’t fit under the traditional autumnal color palette. Blush dinner plate dahlias paired with chartreuse persimmons and delicate orange crab apples clear the way for a whole new take on fall flowers and fashion alike. — Sierra and Juliet
CLICK HERE for how-to steps on re-creating the arrangement and more floral images after the jump!
To Re-create This Floral Arrangement in Your Home
1. Place floral foam in the container of your choice. If you are designing with a clear container, you can create a lattice with stems of the heartier flowers and branches you are using.
2. Place initial filler flowers and greenery to build the form of the arrangement.
3. Place dahlia, or impact flower, in asymmetrical groupings throughout the arrangement.
4. Insert produce stems at the base of the arrangement so they appear to overflow from the container. If the produce does not have an obvious branch or stem, use a thick floral wire gauge to mimic a stem. This can be attached by inserting it and “shepherd hooking” it through the produce. If a short stem is present, attach the wire as an extension with floral tape.
5. Use greenery to fill in any holes you spot. Add additional detail flowers and branches throughout to create visual interest.