clare owen

Between sneezes last night, I found myself drooling over the sets in Boardwalk Empire (again) and flipping through the online portfolio of Cornwall-based illustrator Clare Owen. Clare has a beautiful new London Snow Globe print at Papermash ($74) and I couldn’t get enough of her sweet fashion-based illustrations, like the two-tone flats and perfume bottle above. These would be so sweet framed in a woman’s dressing room. Click here to check out more of Clare’s beautiful work online, here for her Etsy shop and here to pick up her print at Papermash. xo, grace

Clare’s illustration for Frankie Magazine

1. Michele says:

LOVE that ‘make do and mend’ print.
    So much that I had to hop over to the shop and pick one up for my little house.
    Thanks!

2. beautiful! i love the ‘make do and mend’ print, it would look lovely in my studio!

3. Katie Bee says:

!
    I really, really adore that last illustration. “make, do, and mend.”
    Any idea if it’s available as a print?

1. amya says:

Hi Katie – You can find it in Claire’s etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/listing/48781516/make-do-and-mend-digital-print :)
      -AmyA

4. Thanks for mentioning my shop – I love all Clare’s illustrations too!

5. Sheila Comer says:

I need a huge copy of that sewing machine image in my office. I adore the simple detail.

6. donna says:

Clare is so talented.

7. Alanna says:

I commissioned a portrait of my fiance and I from Clare recently! She’s absolutely lovely and totally delightful to work with.

8. Chelsea Bass says:

So funny that you posted this. I just ordered her Make Do and Mend print last week. In fact, I was the one who requested that she re-list them! Crazy small world!

9. Barbara says:

Thank-you for showing her lovely work.
    Can the “make do and mend” illustration be purchased?? This would be a great addition to my sewing room

10. Karen says:

Thought the name sounded familiar! :-) I have her “Lady beardprint” hanging on the wall in my library.

11. Becki says:

I was delighted when I opened my copy of Frankie a few months back and found this gem. Frankie is one of my favourite things about Australia since moving here from Canada. It resides on my fridge and I smile every time I pass it.

12. These pieces are really great to look at. I love the retro feel to them, especially like the sewing machine print.