weekly wrap up + summer cherry wedding

my favorite way to end each week is with some sort of little takeaway for the weekend. whether it’s a recipe, a diy project or just a nice idea, i always like heading into saturday with a smile. so i thought this beautiful wedding from eric and cathleen would be the perfect way to end on a happy note. i often wonder what our wedding would have been like if i’d gone with the red theme i originally planned, rather than the green one. and man, if i had, i would have been thrilled if turned out half as beautiful as this wedding. from the fresh bags of cherries and wild flowers to the red ribbon cake and hand drawn place mats (traced from plates)- this big day was perfection. i’ve chosen twenty of my favorite images from the wedding before and after the jump, so i hope you’ll enjoy this peek at cathleen and erik’s special day as much as i did. their wedding is proof that simple and sweet can be just as (if not more) meaningful as big and fancy. thanks to the lovely couple for sharing their big day, to photographer jose villa for sharing his gorgeous photos and to rebecca at duet weddings for sharing this event. {full credits for the wedding after the jump}

*below is a summary of this week’s highlights if you missed anything earlier this week. have a great weekend! xo, grace*

CLICK HERE for 13 more wedding pictures after the jump!

Rebecca of Duet Weddings arranged Cathleen and Eric’s big day. She explains that, “Their plan was to be surrounded by their nearest and dearest in a natural, beautiful outdoor setting. The Santa Barbara wine country served as their location and the Figueroa Mountain Farmhouse (arustic, old farmhouse tucked deep into the mountains in the Santa Ynez
Valley,) was the perfect place for them to host this special celebration.”

“The design for the day was approached very organically. Taking cues from the setting itself, (natural and wild with a dash of country charm,) the time of year, (insane cherry season!) Cathleen & Eric’s personalities (truly the warmest, sunniest, most fun and loving couple you’ll ever meet,) the result was a weekend of love and laughs in a truly breathtaking setting.”

-Mason jars with spiked lemonade in hand, guests found their way to hay
bale seating for the ceremony, to the sounds of a blue grass band.

Cocktail hour:
-Local cherries overflowing from paper bags served as escort cards,
guiding guests to their seats for the reception.

-Tablecloths made from kraft paper were beautifully calligraphed with
guests’ names inside scalloped outlines of plates. Mismatched
collections of bottles with loose picked blooms and baskets spilling
with cherries tumbled down the length of the tables. Kitchen towels
rolled with twine took the place of napkins..
-Texas pecan pies were flown in as a treat from Cathleen’s home.
-Calligraphy by Bianca Mascorro of Little Miss Press

1. rossana says:

Absolutely gorgeous!! reminds me to my wedding last year …
    The photos are amazing too.

2. Leigh says:

Wow, talk about taking my breath away…absolutely stunning

3. Mia Zoll says:

Beatiful wedding. Very unique

4. Jane says:

Lovely wedding! I love the soft and rustic details with hints of red that don’t overwhelm. Looks fresh, fun and romantic!

5. Lucy says:

At first I thought they had copied this gorgeous wedding for actress Sonya Walger: http://100layercake.com/blog/archives/2151
    But then I saw it is the same coordinator. Now I can draw ideas from both weddings!

6. Cécile says:

so beautiful!

7. GUGAW says:

so beautiful and rustic, adore your wedding features, so inspiring!

8. courtney says:

where did you get the wedding rings??? beautiful!!

9. Katie L. says:

This is without a doubt one of the most beautiful weddings I’ve ever seen. I am really just stunned! I love it all!

10. Maya says:

This is the most beautiful wedding pictures I have ever seen. I wish to turn the clock back and marry this way. Wishing the lucky people a happy life.

11. Renee F says:

So beautiful. Who made your wedding invitations? Love them and am looking for ones similar.

12. Jenna says:

The hay bales look like butterscotch krimpets!

13. It’s simple but elegant in a way that I find it very romantic, quiet and intimate wedding motif. Interesting indeed. I also like the details on the venue of the reception and the place itself.

14. Just lovely. Who did the invites? I am obsessed.

15. I love the rustic theme and the calligraphy on the table settings! The white font on the wedding invitations really stands out, lovely!

16. Jennifer Ramones says:

I love the cherry bags. Where did you guys get these? I would love to do this for my wedding in June (2013).

17. Alyssa says:

I love the cherry bags too! I would love to know where to get them as well.

18. Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful article.
    Thank you for providing these details.

19. Gail Hunt says:

I love this wedding. After scouring everything, I cannot find what I was hopingto–what was used to hold up ythe lights and how was it anchored? Thank you so much!