Top 51 Wallpaper Sources

after barb’s “how to decorate furniture with wallpaper” post yesterday i was overwhelmed with emails about where to find great wallpaper. so rather than answer the same email over and over, i figured i’d share my top 50 favorite resources for wallpaper. this list started out as a top 10, but when i started listing companies i loved off the top of my head i ended up with close to 30. so i went ahead and rounded it out with all my favorites and some good resources for one-stop wallpaper shopping. whether you’re in the market for something bold and metallic or prefer a more subtle solid, these shops will have you covered (and papered) in no time. [image above: joy’s wallpaper for hygge & west]

*designers/shops are listed in no particular order

• walnut wallpaper: a great one-stop shop for modern patterns from all the top designers.
  • abigail edwards: my favorite paper (seascape) is made by this amazing british designer.
  • hyyge & west: fun wallpapers from a string of great contemporary artists like julia rothman and joy deangdeelert cho
  • grow house grow: creative papers from designer katie deedy in brooklyn. i love her series inspired by female scientists.
  • graham & brown: a huge collection of prints and solids in a wide range of styles. their new series with amy butler is fantastic!
  • cole & son: these guys can do no wrong in my book. their papers can sometimes be hard to find so be sure to email them for a stockist near you. they’re the ones who make that forrest wallpaper that has been everywhere for years.
  • farrow & ball: sophisticated papers in subtle colors. great if you’re going for something more traditional.
  • cavern home: a nyc-based wallpaper boutique that specializes in unexpected designs from a team of guest designers
  • jocelyn warner: wonderfully feminine designs often inspired by nature
  • makelike: their cactus wallpaper has been stuck on my inspiration board for months
  • ferm living: a danish design company specializing in bold, nature-inspired designs. they have some beautiful geometric prints that are great for modern homes
  • nama rococo: karen combs’ hand-painted papers are my favorite in the industry, hands down. her wallpapers are truly unique in a sea of digitally printed designs.

CLICK HERE for 40 more wallpaper sources after the jump!

• mod green pod: cheerful wallpaper designs printed with non-toxic inks
  • secondhand rose: ok, this isn’t online, but if you’re in nyc and need vintage wallpaper, run- don’t walk- to secondhand rose. their selection of vintage patterns is AMAZING
  • fine little day: i love designer elisabeth dunker’s designs she co-created with her 8 year old son, otto.
  • miss print: colorful, retro-inspired patterns from england
  • lizzie allen: hand screenprinted wallpaper in playful patterns like walking buckingham palace guards
  • catherine hammerton: catherine’s textured wallpapers have to be seen to be truly appreciated. they’re unbelievably unique and have so much character.
  • tracy kendall: tracy’s wallpapers are truly special and often involve hand-sewn elements like metallic letters or puzzle pieces
  • clarissa hulse: beautiful floral prints
  • mini moderns: great modern wallpaper for children with a retro spin
  • turner pocock: quirky patterns like tennis racquets and cricket paddles
  • eskayel: amazing digital patterns from brooklyn
  • ebay: ebay’s vintage wallpaper collection is amazing. if you keep an eye on things regularly you’re bound to catch a great steal. i’ve seen people pick up amazing european papers for under $10 a roll
  • osborne & little: sophisticated high-end papers that are perfect for making a dramatic statement
  • adelphi paper hangings: if you need historic papers, adelphi has you covered. i think of these as my “when i’m older and the kids are out of the house” papers. perfect for a grown-up house where small kids or pets won’t prevent you from owning fancy things
  • tres tintas: beautiful boutique wallpaper from spain
  • lisa bengtsson: lisa’s frame wallpaper was a smash hit and allows you to customize your walls
  • flavor paper: psychedelic wallpapers that feel like they come from both the 1970’s and the future at the same time
  • studio printworks: contemporary patterns that range from classic to kooky
  • erika wakerly: i love erika’s bold graphic patterns. the metallic finishes give them extra sparkle
  • orla kiely: retro, colorful- like candy for your walls
  • trustworth: stunning historic patterns from the CFA voysey archives
  • palace papers: their herringbone print is one of my favorites
  • jill malek: jill’s nature-inspired wallpaper designs come in vivid gold and pink hues
  • madison & grow: i love their preppy “martha’s vinyeard” collection
  • anthropologie: anthro stocks a great collection of designs that are often affordable, removable and perfectly on-trend
  • deborah bowness: deborah’s wallpapers are wonderfully witty. several of them replicate the look of hanging clothes and furniture
  • rollout: custom and guest-designed wallpaper from canada with a fresh, young feel
  • paper mills: i love the way paper mills block-prints their designs. the new animal prints they designed are definitely a fun break from the norm
  • porter teleo: hand printed wallpaper designs that work well in modern or traditional homes
  • hanna werning: hanna werning has great wallpaper posters that work well in small spaces (ie: bathrooms) and bring a bold pop of color to the room
  • studio nommo: these designs will make you smile. they feel like children’s designs for grownups, in the best way possible
  • twenty2: brooklyn-based designers with a great collection of prints and grass-cloth papers
  • aimee wilder: aimee has a fun collection of patterns that range from pigeons and flowers to cassette tapes and robots
  • timorous beasties: amazing patterns from scotland. like cole & son, i think it’s hard to go wrong with these guys. their thistle pattern is my favorite
  • mibo: i love their sweet bird-pattern paper
  • jenny wilkinson: her paint-by-number wallpaper is great for adults and kids alike
  • laura felicity: i love the soft, hand-drawn feel to laura’s work
  • absolute zero degrees: these are the designers behind “mini moderns” but their “swallows” design is still one of my favorites
  • trove: their atmospheric patterns are great for contemporary homes. but their “indi” bird pattern is my favorite
  • kreme: groovy patterns in bright sunny colors
  1. منى says:

اريد صور لفنانات هنديه لو وجد عندكم

2. Anonymous says:

I thought they were actually going to show you some wallpapers

3. Guan says:

Thanks! I wonder if people like wallpaper from China,make by vine, jute, sisal, bamboo, grass,paper strand, leave etc stick together.third dimension.

4. Guan says:

Thanks! I wonder if people like Chinese wallpaper

5. michelle says:

We totally do not have the same taste no Thibaut??

6. neil love says:

Hi There , any idea where i could find a supplier of wallpaper willing to give samples to sell there product, SA company .

7. Most of your choices are still applicable in 2003. Cole & Son and Farrow and Ball are some of my favorite designers. The English certainly know how to make wallpaper, thats for sure. Can’t wait to see who you put up there for 2013 :-)

8. Alex says:

WOW….tons of thanks!! amazing list!

9. eric says:

What about Quadrille?

1. Grace Bonney says:

their papers are lovely, but they read a bit too “upper east side” for me sometimes, and they’re a great deal more expensive than most of the brands listed here.

10. Nancy says:

Jen – Maybe you can help find the vendor for a particular wallpaper I am having problems tracking down. Would you be willing to help me out, please?
    Thanks a million!

11. Vitalis Mokoena says:

I would love to sell wallpaper in my home town for a leaving what can I do.I would love to start a busniss selling wallpaper any surplier I that I can contact pls let me know.

12. FW says:

Great list of wallpapers, thanks for that.

13. Kelsey Kaye says:

This post has been the greatest help! I have been looking for unique wallpaper and this post was better than Google! haha

14. Souda says:

Calico Wallpaper has become a more recent favorite:

15. Alex says:

Hi Grace- thanks for such a great resource! Do you happen to have any information about printing companies that produce high quality wallpapers for custom orders?

1. Grace Bonney says:

I’m afraid I don’t. Have you done an online search yet? I did a quick one and found these:

1. Boo says:

You could also try Spoonflower – they have a smooth and a textured wallpaper and can print whatever you want on it.

16. Emma says:

Wallpaper is one of the easiest ways to change the look and feel of a room. I especially like papers from York Wallcoverings. They have a line called Sure Strip which is completely removable! You can see their Sure Strip collections by going here:

17. Gotta include They carry a French wallpaper called Elitis. Very unique and couture! Also have a real wood wallpaper that’s hangs just like wallpaper. Can wrap it around corners too!

18. Riana M. Rosas says:

Love all the wallpaper, but can anyone tell me what type of helmet that is. It’s exactly what I’ve been looking for to wear on my commute. Please and Thank you!

1. Tasmiya says:

I need a rocking wallpaper of my name that is tasmiya

19. georgia says:

wow! thank you for such an exhaustive list, all in one place. will definitely be checking all of these out, as i’ve been on the hunt for just the right paper for our dining room. sometimes i search pinterest, but to be honest, that can be dizzying at times. it’s nice to know there are some bloggers out there doing the research and compiling helpful lists that people can actually refer as a resource. i’m sure it took quite a while to get this together, so thanks!!

20. J says:

I am currently looking for wallpaper and this post is a blessing–so, so helpful!

21. Fretz Genosa says:

Amazing! The design fits on my taste. Looking forward for more wallpapers to come. Thanks!

22. Alexia says:

Don’t know if I missed it on your list, but Chasing Papers ( has some of the nicest and well priced wallpapers I’ve found around. Speaking from someone on a budget ;).

23. Thanks for sharing,, :) Really helpfull to me

24. I’d love to include our shop on the list! We carry a wonderful variety of indie wallpaper and fabric designers. We also have small home accessories like pillow covers and tea towels as well!

25. Helen says:

Can anyone help with a query? I’m currently studying at Uni doing surface design in my first year and I’ve been trying to find out what the industry standard pixel/resolution/layout size is on Illustrator/photoshop for one full section of pattern on wallpaper designs with a drop repeat.