simply color: raina kattelson

Stylist and designer Raina Kattelson lives in Hudson Valley with her husband and two daughters. Of course, I had to make a palette out of the delicious colors in the family’s dining area. The white furniture and pops of color against the bright wall are so cheerful! Click here to see the original sneak peek.

We have added a roundup to the “Simply Color” column. I hope you enjoy! — Lauren

Palette
A. Semi-Sweet (Valspar), PMS 7519; B. Lucerne (Pratt & Lambert), PMS 543; C. Kumquat (Behr), PMS 1505; D. Tangy Dill (Valspar), PMS 387; E. Envy’s Eyes (Valspar), PMS 376

Roundup
1. Ikea Pendant Lamp, $89.99; 2. Kado Rice Bowl, $5.95; 3. Tea Infuser/Mug, $25.99; 4. Eames Molded Plastic Chair, (prices vary); 5. Lumi Candleholders $2.95+ ; 6. Well-stacked Bowl, $6

1. Bobbi says:

Oh I think that is exactly the green I’ve been wanting for my living room. How do you think it would look against a medium dark wood trim?

1. grace says:

bobbi

i think it would be great! i used that color combo in my first nyc apt and it was super happy and warm :)

g

2. timmi says:

I love this! I have been trying to figure out what colors to paint my girls’ room and these are it. Nothing frilly and all the fun!

1. grace says:

thanks amber!

you can check out lauren’s “simply color” archives here: http://www.designspongeonline.com/category/simply-color

grace :)

3. emma lamb says:

yummy palette and oh how i wish those shelves of pretty crockery were mine!
    love the addition of the roundup too, great idea Lauren… :)
    emma x

4. That is such a refreshing room. Not over done or over powering. I love the mix of colors. Looks pretty inexpensive to get that look with the items you showed.

5. Karly says:

Hey, number 5 & 6 in the links are not correct. You put the item for number 6 in place of 5 and didn’t even write anything for those gorgeous candle holders!

1. grace says:

karly

i’ll check this out and fix it asap- sorry about that.

grace

6. I love the addition of the round-up, thanks!!

1. grace says:

thanks jill! we thought it would be a fun way to expand the idea of color-at-home a bit. if you have any other requests for the column feel free to leave them here :)

grace

7. Thanks everyone! So happy you like the addition of the roundup!

8. Stella says:

I also love the color round up! I decorate more around my favorite colorful objects than anything else, so I find it very inspiring.

9. Maike says:

lovely and colorful room, and love the lamp, bought it too!!

10. kelli taylor says:

Ooooh, I’m LOVING these colors!

11. Maya says:

ooh, love this and the new roundup!

12. marri says:

aahh! love! now i have a fabulous idea of how to display my cathrineholm lotus bowls!

13. cassandra says:

That’s the exact photo I used as inspiration for my dining area.

That had to be one of my top 5 fav sneak peeks ever. Looooved it.

14. Jane says:

One of my favorite color combos! Great new column. Everyone needs a little color in their lives:)

15. Bernie says:

Love this. Did I miss where those great white bookcases are from (exactly what I am looking for)….or were they custom made?

16. make my day says:

Uplifting…immediately a smile comes to my face when I see a room full of perceived random colour. I love colour! thanks…great start to my day :)

17. Thanks everyone!! Lovely to hear everyones comments. Sorry Bernie the bookcases are custom.

18. Loora says:

The round-up addition is just perfect !!

This blog is getting better everyday !!

19. A round up was a great idea for this post series!

20. I love this photo! What a fabulous palette. That blue is one of my favorite colors, so now I want to go see if I have stuff in the other colors that I can mix with the blue and create my own happy spot like this. Those bookcases are just what I need, too.

Thanks for the inspiration. I loved the whole house in the sneak peek, too. And the new round up is great. This is such a fun column. The photos are always beautiful, and the color palettes so dreamy. The only problem is, every single one is THE perfect one! ;)

21. Kate says:

This is my absolute favorite color combination ever! I used to use these colors on all my presentation materials in architecture school.

22. Syndi says:

My jaw literally dropped when I saw this photo. I can’t stop looking at it. It’s absolutely gorgeous!