moonstruck chocolate packaging

Normally, I start each morning with a bit of eye candy and today I’m especially delighted to start with some actual candy. Well, candy packaging to be precise. These beautiful new chocolate bar wrappers were designed by typographer Kate Forrester for Portland, Oregon chocolate company Moonstruck. Kate just launched her new website and it’s chock-full of beautiful hand-drawn lettering and packaging work.

Speaking of sweet things, we have a great day of content lined up, starting with my top 20 list of fabric resources (coming up next)! After that, stay tuned for a new city guide (here’s a hint: Opa!), a biz ladies post about understanding web analytics, a past & present with a fun DIY project, and a living in dedicated to a film with one of the most famous diner scenes ever. See you in an hour with my favorite fabric resources! xo, grace

1. Elizabeth says:

If this means ‘When Harry Met Sally’ I am SO excited.
    That is my favorite movie EVER.
    If it is not that, I am sure I will love it as well. :)

2. Krista says:

Gorgeous~ perfect eye candy for a Tuesday morning for sure!

3. Gorgeous packaging. I would have so much trouble ripping it open but then would remind myself there is chocolate inside!!!!

4. These are so beautiful. Are they embossed? Really gorgeous. I would buy these just for the wrapping.

5. leslie says:

I think kimberly cornelison & alfie ferreyra need a little tray of these in their entry hall. They totally go with that beautiful blue wallpaper!

6. How could one ever throw those wrappers away!!
    laura.

7. Alison Becca says:

Not only is Moonstruck’s new design gorgeous, but their chocolate is just as amazing :) I haven’t lived in Oregon for 5 years but my Mom is always sure to bring me Moonstruck every time she visits. Now I’m REALLY excited about her next visit!

8. Beautiful! I live in Portland and Moonstruck Chocolate is one of our favorite local spots. It is soooo delicious!

9. Thelateafternoon says:

I am definitely a sucker for beautiful packaging and this basically is amazing!

10. AlpineGypsy says:

Wow, little works of art, each one! I’d almost hate to open one…..

….but I still would! Hehe!

Heidi

11. Cocoazilla says:

I love the Moonstruck line! Each one of their bars is wrapped up like origami on top of the pretty packaging. And the chocolate’s good too!

12. Peaches says:

1. Stunning.
    2. Now I’m hungry.
    3. You know it’s good product packaging when I order some online before I even finish reading the post.

GOOD WORK!
    nom nom nom…

13. Eric DeRoos says:

The design actually includes 3 PMS colors, emboss, foil, spot soft touch varnish and spot gloss varnish. It was printed multiple passes on a KBA 10C perfecting press. I did all the prepress work on it.