before & after: studio renovation from johnny vintage

Some people can juggle multiple projects at once and execute them all fabulously. I admire this skill and am insanely jealous of such people. I can’t seem to handle more than one venture at a time without becoming utterly overwhelmed and morphing into a tornado of unpleasantness and anxiety that my boyfriend lovingly nicknamed “Stressball.” It would probably benefit me to take lessons in multitasking from Jonnie Anderson, the incredibly talented woman behind this studio makeover and myriad other successes. Her amazing etsy shops Johnny Vintage and The Spiced Pear carry some of the best vintage out there, plus she holds an MFA in photography and has a few design blogs in the works. Johnny’s eye for vintage is exceptional, as is this clean, bright and airy studio that her family has created out of an old hatchery. Originally converted by her mother into a farm shop for rebuilding cars (her little brothers’ work), the whole family now uses the space for multiple projects. Jonnie’s prop styling pops against the all-white backdrop and the combination of the bright studio setting and her crisp photography results in truly irresistible vignettes. I want to snatch everything up in one swoop! Thanks for sharing, Jonnie! — Kate

Have a before & after you’d like to share? Shoot me an email with your images right here! (Low res, under 500k per image, please.)

CLICK HERE for more of Johnny’s studio makeover after the jump!

1. jenna says:

impressive!

i love those camel souvenirs too, especially the drawn-on eyes.

2. katie says:

go johnny vintage. i love their shop. their wicker headboards look amazing.

3. sara says:

Oh no, they painted those beautiful wooden walls? A part of me just died…

4. Jenna says:

I love the weird little bed ottoman thing. No sleeping allowed! Just comfortable sitting.

5. Kate says:

Does anyone know what those pots are? I loooove them!

6. maureen says:

i have to agree with sara. loved the wood (and concrete!) before painting. great styling of objects and if they love it, that’s what matters!

7. jeny says:

Oh my god, that headboard!!!!!!

8. Maya says:

what fun! i love it, especially the fridge and stove in that space.

9. MayDae.com says:

Oh oh oh oh oh!!!! I love everything in there! Please please can I move in? Painted floors, enamel pans, vintage appliances. Seriously, I need a vacation – can I come and stay for awhile?

10. jen says:

i need those pots!!

11. cassandra says:

Wow, i wish I has a space like this to style photos for my shop! Totally jealous.

12. ryan says:

The second floor of our shop (our apartment) looks exactly like this. Wood walls, same doors and trim. I could never bring myself to paint it!

13. Hazel Stone says:

I’m with you. How could they paint those lovely warm wood walls??!?! The decor looks nice though.

14. Eva says:

yay, turned out so nice! well done!

15. Vadim Ko says:

Before and after is good idea. But really interesting to see more photos…

16. Adorable! And yes, more photos please!

17. m. says:

in love with the pots and pans.

18. carla says:

Very nice, original… dont know where you get the ideias… it is lovely little and pratical as well…

19. The wall items above the bed are sooooo cool! I am greatly envious of those who have the courage AND eye to put such a diverse collection together. WOW! Could you come to my home PLEASE?!

Fabulous!

20. Grace Bonney says:

michele

i tried to email you, re: your comment, but your email bounced back. please email me at designsponge at gmail dot com to discuss.

grace