weekly wrap up + august d*s desktop wallpaper!

i’m so thrilled to end this week with a new d*s desktop wallpaper from portland artist, betsy walton. betsy was kind enough to work on a pretty quick-turnaround for this project and i’m so happy to have to started my week in portland and ended it with an amazing portland artist. betsy has created three sizes of her calendar design for us, each with a calendar and non-calendar option. thank you, betsy!

CLICK HERE to download the calendar files!

i’m heading off to blogher for my panel talk so i’ll see you on monday! have a wonderful weekend and if you missed anything this week, a summary of this week’s highlights is below:

1. Kristen says:

YESS! This is my dream post. All are so amazing.

2. Ronnie says:

i love the wallpapers every month!

3. Joanna says:

My birthday month! I love this calendar for August. The color palette is so soothing, yet unexpected.

4. Vanessa says:

This was totally worth the wait! Thanks Betsy!

5. Lilja says:

Uh, the Before and After are amazing!!!

6. John Manross says:

I just fell in love with the wallpaper as soon I lid my eyes on it. This oddly reminds me of Picasso’s work. :)

7. very nice! it’s a good design for me!

8. Chloe C says:

Thank You!

9. Alexandra says:

I love the desktops that you have here. However, I have a lot of icons of my desktop, and they get really hard to see when the desktops are so light. A good desktop is an image that is darker to provide contrast. It is more user friendly. So my humble request is: please make them darker!!!

10. Katie says:

I love the wallpaper for August! So fresh and pretty :)

11. Kate Gibson says:

Is this the last desktop calendar? I hope not — I LOVED them!!

1. grace says:

we’re focusing on getting the new site up right now- as soon as it’s up i’m going to get back to either reviving the desktops or coming up with a new way to share fun things with readers.

12. Bonny says:

I loved them too! Please don’t stop posting them!

13. Emilee says:

Wait . . . it’s been a year. Does that mean we’re not going to get anymore wallpapers??

14. Jess says:

Oh no! have the wallpapers stopped? I hope not … been anxiously awaiting Septembers.

1. grace says:

yes, they’ve stopped for now. they were a year-long “gift” to celebrate our 5 year blog-birthday. we’re focusing on getting the new d*s redesign up and running, and finding funding for the scholarship right now. sorry. the calendars took a lot of time and manage so we need to put some more effort back on the projects for student designers right now.