simply color: caroline lubbers

In her Sneak Peek description, Caroline Lubbers writes: “I love swimming and the sea. Our bedroom was designed to create the same peace and calm that I get from floating in water.” Caroline has certainly been successful in her efforts—the serenity in this room emanates from the cool, crisp colors of the ocean. This palette makes me feel like skipping rocks with sand and water at my feet. —Lauren

Palette 1:
A) Hampton Surf (Valspar), PMS 534 B) Miami Green (Benjamin Moore), PMS 3385 C) Bambino (Pratt & Labmbert), PMS 297 D) Pebbled Courtyard (Behr), PMS 691 E) Belvedere Cream (Behr), PMS Warm Gray 1

1. Caroline says:

Thank you for the feature Design Sponge! This was my old condo and I loved this room so much, I painted the same color in our new house. If anyone is interested, these are the actual paint colors:

All Ralph Lauren Paints
    Bedroom Walls – Lynx Lake SS49
    Bedroom Dresser – Kamaka Island SS65
    White Trim – Whitecap SS05

2. Oh, thank you so much caroline!! :)

3. Nikki says:

Where did the capiz pendant chandelier come from??

4. Ruedevamp says:

I am so guilty of using this color scheme every time I move

5. Caroline says:

Nikki, the pendant was from West Elm. They no longer sell this exact one but have similar style pendants.

6. melody says:

this was my all-time favorite sneak-peak! i am dreaming of painting a room this color!!! thanks for sharing (again)!

7. AJ says:

oh my gosh, i saved this picture on my computer over a year ago and completely forgot what website i’d found it on. i painted my dresser blue last year and have been dreaming about painting my room this color ever since… and i finally did it TODAY! and here the picture is on design*sponge again… such an amazing coincidence. thanks for the inspiration, caroline!

8. Doan tung says:

Thanks for tips ! That’s great !

9. Janet says:

This room inspired me painting the “comic book room” this color when my bf moved in. I seriously think the pop of red made it really pop.

10. alli/hooray says:

beautiful post, lauren!

11. Angeline says:

Thank you for this beautiful room painting that you have shared. It’s a place which gives peace of mind.!!!!!!!!!

12. SewltryChiq says:

That looks so relaxing! I love that blue. The chandelier is amazing!