fall into crafts…

i know it’s awful, but i’m seriously ready for fall. new york has been stuck in this perma-august weather since may and i’ve finally hit the point where i’m mentally buying leather boots and coats because i can’t take this humidity anymore. so as much as i love summer (it’s normally my favorite time of year), i’m preparing to say goodbye to it as i get excited for cooler temperatures, jeans, and fall jackets. as part of that process i splurged a little bit on craft supplies that inspired me to create some new diy projects for the site. so i thought i’d share my favorites this morning in case, like me, you’re ready to ditch the 98 degree heat wave and kick back in cool fall weather.

[image above, clockwise from top left: lokta gold leaves paper $4.95, gingko paper leaves $6.50, fall colors ink pad $16.95, pinecone rubber stamp $5.50, paste brush $7.95, floral pattern fabric tape $7.00, 2011 honey datebook $14.95 (ok, it’s not a craft tool but it’s definitely got a fall feel), dimensional dahlia stickers $5.95]

1. These are lovely BUT I’m not ready for fall yet!

2. emily says:

definitely ditto on the ready for fall comment. i’m ready for cooler runs and sweater weather.

3. dana says:

Ooooooh! It’s still 110 degrees here in Phoenix but I confess that I spent an hour in the air-conditioned fabulousness of Hobby Lobby yesterday, mooning over the…Christmas ornaments! The kids are back in school already and my east-coast heart turned to holiday planning right on time, so today’s post thoroughly validated me. Thanks and get going on raking those autumn leaves (not!)

4. I’m with ya. I had my chimney cleaned last week. Just in case there’s a cold snap. Maybe I’d better make sure I have the ingredients for stew too. Just in case.

5. Courtney says:

I’m with you, Grace. Just looking at this autumn color scheme is making me giddy!

6. Tina says:

I’m sooo ready for fall, but we are just now headed into the hottest part of the year (in the midwest). :(

7. Evie says:

I’m ready too! I feel like I’m cheating on summer because I just posted about fall….

8. Patti says:

I’m with you on that one. I was just saying that I love the change of seasons. I remember that feeling of “I can’t wait to wear shorts and summer dresses.” It’s hot here in Chicago, too. I’m looking forward to having to snuggle up to a cozy sweater.

9. Alyn says:

i think i’m getting there, sadly enough too. but i think we all just crave a new color palette. summer gets very green after awhile. i took a walk on the beach yesterday and my eyes kept going for all the beauty in the orange, russet, gold and purple in the seaweeds and shells.

10. I am starting to feel ready for fall and these pretty colors make it even easier to look forward to cooler temps!

11. I’m so with you on the cooler weather. When it’s already 80 degrees and crazy muggy for my 5am runs it’s got to cool off soon. I love the colors of fall and you now have me trying to think of some new fall projects for this year.

12. Sarah says:

I love the fall and welcome it but it’s a little bittersweet. it only means winter is on the horizon and THAT i’m not ready for! lovely spread!

13. Beautiful! And I was ready for fall in June. Ugh, this weather. Plus I’m taking view camera then, so extra excitement. :)

14. thank you for this lovely post! I am soooo ready for fall- montreal’s been brutally humid and I can’t wait to dig into my fall clothing!!

15. Elizabeth says:

Absolutely agree! I can’t wait until October. It has been the grossest hottest summer in Chicago. I look forward to wanting to go outside again.

16. Danielle says:

so ready for printed scarf and boots weather. i LOVE that pine cone stamp. i wish it were larger than a quarter though.

17. Claudine says:

Love the Paper Source website’s offerings, and I think I just might place an order. But no, I’m not ready for autumn yet. I am still reveling in the splendours of summer :)

18. Cassie says:

Amen. Nothing beats cute coats and hot jeans…and killer boots. Even though our summer here in WA state just started in early July, I’m a fall girl, too. LOVE that datebook!

19. Brett says:

I agree, I am totally over this summer and ready for fall, and for new inspiration. Yay for craft supplies!!!

20. I’m totally with you Grace – it’s so warm in England (if a little mizzly… ahem) at themo.

A nightmare to find stuff to wear to work that’s cool enough yet decent enough! Love the fall hues of oranges and browns…. long live pine cones and acorns :o) Elle x

21. Cher says:

I’m in New Zealand and I can’t wait for summer!! It has been nice reading all your “warm” happenings while I’m huddled over the heater though :^)

22. Kohi says:

So happy that I am not the only one who is wishing in fall! Thanks for the look forward, it is nice to have one that does not involve clothing that I can’t wear for another 8 weeks!

Off to relax in my 88F living room in Baltimore! (That’s with a fan, and AC upstairs!)

23. Kate says:

Whereas out here in the San Francisco Bay Area, we are still waiting for summer to begin!

24. Jane says:

I’m with you. No A/C at my place and I can’t talk the humidity anymore. I love the Fall everything feel new again.