lesley sico photography: shades of pastel green

i’ve hit a bit of a personal limit when it comes to vintage, holga-style photography and the way it feels like it dominates the photography section on etsy. but every now and then a collection of photos sneaks through that makes me smile- and makes me want to find a new frame for one of these romantic photos. yesterday photographer lesley sico sent over her beautiful photographs inspired by her travels to paris. i loved the way she plays with a soft mint/pastel green color palette and couldn’t get enough of these photos paired together. especially the top image. maybe if i close my eyes and click my heels these shots can transport me back to montmarte where i can sit and enjoy a delicious macaron. click here to check out lesley’s etsy shop and buy online. thanks, lesley!

1. anabel says:

One of my favorite colors and sweets… the macarons.

2. captain kk says:

photos 3 & 4 have to be from new orleans??? i recognised them straight away. i think!

3. the inspiration board looks amazing. mint is such a soft color, all the pictures are lovely!

4. Stephanie says:

I, too, love this sea green – my childhood bedroom was this color! And who doesn’t love Laduree macaroons?! Beautiful shots, though…esp the home with shutters.

5. Tina G. says:

The fourth is my favorite!

6. Beautiful beautiful pastels! reminds me of Dominican Republic. My aunt’s house is actually this very shade of pastel green and my mom opted for a pastel yellow.

7. Mandy Ford says:

Gorgeous images…that is one of my favorite shades of green as well! Reminds me of jadite. :)

8. alexis says:

I adore this color. It has truly transported me to dreams of Paris. (I’ve been searching for delicate dresses in this color and have had no luck. sigh)

9. Brittany says:

la duree! i just finished studying abroad in paris and macarons from la duree really are the most delicious ones you’ll ever eat! i’m missing it!

10. such gorgeous colors!

11. I love pastel green! It looks so vintage! And I love macarons as well… yummy!
    Great pictures!

12. Ecce says:

Not that these aren’t lovely, but I am also WAY over people plugging their digital images into frame templates to make them look like Holga photographs (as these are). There is a valuable and poignant art form to making a photograph inside a camera that I think is lost when a quick fix photoshop glaze is added…. but that’s just me.

13. Gorgeous! I love the sun-faded wall and the house with the blue shutters. So dreamy.

14. Raven says:

I have that Ginger Mint Julep poster size on the wall in my house! It’s my favorite wall in New Orleans!

I took a picture and had it blown up poster sized and then framed it.

15. Kirsten says:

I recognize a few of those photos as areas of New Orleans. Great city for photography!

16. katie says:

@Ecce: i think the frame templates that you’re talking about (like the ginger mint julep one) is actually ttv or ‘through the viewfinder’ and is a technique all its own. using a digital camera, one shoots through the lens of another camera. read more here: http://www.russmorris.com/ttv/

17. lesley says:

grace, thank you so much for featuring my photography! i am so honored :)

18. Amanda says:

These are pretty! I recently went to Sucre’ on Magazine Street in Nola! I LOVED IT! They have the best gelato, hands down! :) I too have photographed the Mint Julep Wall from Nola. Mine looks completely different at night! more red and green. So fun!

19. When I was in NOLA a few years ago, I also came across the fading Emerson’s Mint Julep sign. It is indeed gorgeous…

20. sari says:

love all of your green pix!

21. Ah! How funny! I took a photo of the Delacroix building last time I was in NOLA! Love the seafoam.

22. Sucre also has amazing macarons if you ever visit NOLA!

23. lesley says:

julia, the macarons in the last photo are from sucre!! sooooo delish.

24. Katie (australia) says:

My daughter recently made a structure out of blocks that that she said turns everything into minty green, The Minty Green Machine!

25. crissy says:

so soft, serene and pretty!

26. kissmo says:

We can see the smoothness in these pictures..

27. Jessica says:

we were just in new orleans this week and happened to find sucre! what a nice surprise!