kiki la ru cake bunting

ok, so i’ll admit that this comes from the files of “adorable, but not necessary”. but does that bother me? not at all. i really, really love small decorative details when it comes to setting a great table and these sweet handmade cake bunting designs from dawn at kiki la ru are perfection. made with vintage and re-used fabrics, this adorable debut line of bunting would be perfect for a birthday party, homespun wedding, or, in my case, a “i made a cake because i wanted to eat frosting” occasion. click here to check out and shop dawn’s beautiful bunting designs on etsy ($21-$26 each). thanks, dawn!

1. ginny branch stelling says:

i love this! so simple and sweet, will have to give this a diy try!

2. Heidi says:

That is one of the cutest things I have ever seen…

3. Emily says:

I’ll admit that I wasn’t a huge bunting fan at first but lately have been totally in love with all things bunting! These photos are just lovely!

4. how lovely! i adore these small mushrooms

5. katie says:

love this! and such well styled photos. thanks for the heads up. makes me want to have a party!

6. rachael says:

That is so cute it BECOMES necessary – with an 8 and 9 year old looking over my shoulder, you have no idea how necessary it now is, whether I think so or not.

7. These are completely adorable! Thanks for sharing!!!

8. aah! i made this same exact cake six months ago… with, what i thought was my own genius!

9. SoBinique says:

This is so cute! I want to use them for my birthday next week!

10. Cassie says:

I love this post. I love the dainty cake flags and the way that velvet looks on the cake! Great ideas!

11. Melissa says:

Ummm, in what way isn’t this necessary? I don’t understand! Anything that cute is ABSOLUTELY necessary!

12. Anabel says:

I never had such an urge for frosting…!

13. melissa says:

I just sat down to “rest my weary feet” after hosting my daughter’s 4th birthday – and what do I find? Proof that I have, again, done it all wrong and have found the perfect cake just hours too late…sigh…well, I’ll try again when other daughter has a b-day in Sept – but she will be eight and has opinions…we’ll see – gorgeous, anyway!

14. Mariah says:

That last occasion for eating cake that you mentioned is a familiar one for me. :)
    I’ll have to try making some of this bunting though. It takes cute and bunting to a new level. I knew bunting could be used for everything but I didn’t really know EVERYTHING.

15. Okay, after seeing another post on what I thought was the cutest idea in the world – a homemade bunting stamp – I am now totally obsessed with bunting.

16. Yvette says:

This is so lovely, Oh my… how sweet!

17. audrey says:

i love this.isaw it on Etsy yesterday and although i don`t eat cake myself (i`ve lost 5 stones and i am determined to keep it off)i will be buying it just for the look of it on others cake …so pretty

18. Kary Gonyer says: