designer throws a party: “tomandjessfest”

i always feel like the heavens have somehow aligned when two talented artists end up together. the amount of talent and creativity in their households must be off the charts. so when i heard from photography (and recipe contributor!) stacy newgent about the engagement party she shot for tom and jess (a graphic designer and architect) i couldn’t resist. i love all the well-designed details and handmade touches. even if your wedding/engagement days are far off or long gone, i love getting party inspiration from events like this. the mounds of flowers piled on a wooden table runner are so, so cool. (and how great is her fishtail braid? brings me right back to elementary school) click here to check out the full set of images on stacy’s site. thanks, stacy!

CLICK HERE for more images after the jump!

1. Hi Grace! Thanks so much for posting our engagement party! Stacy did a fabulous job of documenting the day and capturing all of our hard work on the details & decor. The reclaimed barn siding table runners were our favorite detail as well :) Thanks again! – Jess

2. josie jeffries says:

i’ve had both the pleasure of knowing and working with stacy on photography projects here in indianapolis, but everytime i see her stuff, it just blows me away. thanks for featuring her!

3. WeddingXpert says:

So gorgeous! I’m loving the typewriter save the dates and vintage-y photos. Not to mention the wonderful pops of pink throughout.

4. Christine says:

wow, this party looks AMAZING and the photos are beautiful. Such a casual yet chic vibe, I’d love to go to a party like this!!

5. Lottie says:

Wow, i love this, looks like a cool party!

6. sara says:

hazy, summery, beautiful! “+ VODKA” — probably my favorite part, haha.

7. Laura Evans says:

none of my parties look that styalish … gorgeous & stunning photos.

8. kristin says:

I’d love to know what type of pen they used to write on those glass juice jars. I really want to do that on the storage jars in my pantry!

9. mixette says:

Love the soft vintage feel of the photos – they totally ooze romance.

I had to look up the recipe for that Porch Swing cocktail http://bit.ly/dps9oi. D*S introduced me to Hendrick’s and now I’m hooked!

10. @kristin: we wrote on the glass jugs with a wet-erase or “chalk pen” (which is also what we wrote on the chalkboard door with, noting the “save the date”). You can find some on a website like this –

or at your local craft store.

11. Sarah says:

I am in love with the photos and the ambience of the whole event. So soft and pretty!

12. sarah says:

grace, looks great! i couldn’t believe it when this popped up: i went to school with tom and jess.

i absolutely love the images and the design. jess, it’s lovely and so “you”.

13. kristin says:

@Jessica Karle: Thanks so much! I’ll be getting some of those soon!

14. Sara says:

Lovely party! I love the drink dispensers with the names written on them. I was planning on doing a very similar thing at my wedding. The ones you have are perfect! And ideas where I can get similar dispensers?

15. Jennifer says:

Beautiful! These shots are amazing and the couple is gorgeous. I’m in love with the style and coloring of how these were shot. Great job!

16. seesaw says:

awe. too cute.

17. Jess says:

I am planning my daughters 16th birthday party in a vintage theme (3 weeks to go), so it was great to get this post for some more inspiration.

18. Johanna says:

Pretty! I love the frosty pinks.

19. Oh, this is divine. Parties like this make me wish I were getting married all over again, with better taste than I had at 23.

20. Anna @ IHOD says:

Hi Grace,
    So happy to see my friend’s work featured here! I was totally inspired to add some DIY details to my next event!
    Thanks for sharing it!
    Anna

21. Andrew says:

Keep it simple! That´s the point. Love it!