debbie carlos

one of the things i’ve been most excited to see at etsy is the slow growth of the over-sized print/poster market. i love cute tiny prints and photos as much as the next person, but i really love when artists blow things up to larger scales, or at least offer prints and photos in sizes that allow them to really make a statement. debbie carlos is one of those artists, and i really love these large-scale prints she’s offering in her etsy shop ($175 each). the ghostly double images with the hands and sprouts are my favorite (they have such a soft airy feel), but i also love the large-scale bunny and flower posters below ($35). sometimes it’s nice to go big with a piece of artwork and really make a statement. for a few years i’ve been moving away from gallery walls and little groupings of artwork towards something bigger and bolder and these affordable prints and posters are a great way to make that change. if you’ve got photographs of your own you’d like to try this with, be sure to talk to your local photo shop or kinko’s- if you’ve got high res images they can often blow them up to these proportions and create something custom for you. but if you’re looking for something pre-made be sure to check out debbie’s shop right here. thanks, debbie!

1. the bunny is super-cute! although those hands left me speechless, so beautiful!

2. Shanna says:

super beautiful!

3. Stephanie says:

Hi, I’m a new reader of Design Sponge. Is there an editorial policy against using capitalization? It’s really difficult to read the posts that do not use correct punctuation. Thanks. :)

1. grace says:

that’s a habit of mine i’ve had since college. i’ve always written in all lowercase. it’s become, though not on purpose, a handy way to tell my writing apart from the other editors’. but no, no one else is asked to write that way ;)

the punctuation of the posts looks ok to me- capitalization should be the only difference in my posts. let me know if there is a different punctuation issue you’re referencing.

4. Aaron says:

I’m lucky enough to have a couple of those hand pieces from Debbie, AND she let me use some of her work in CD packaging for my band a few years ago.

Lovely lady and talented photographer. Great to see her getting more attention!

5. Stephanie says:

That must be a really difficult habit to keep up with word processing programs always switching it to capital letters! No, that’s the only thing. Thanks for responding so quickly.

1. grace says:

wordpress doesn’t actually switch things. i write my posts directly in wordpress so there are no auto-changes ;)

6. Marty Mason says:

Debbie’s work is beautiful….thanks for sharing!

7. sara says:

wow-her transparencies are gorgeous. what a great idea.

8. andrea a. says:

I love the scale of these! any suggestions for finding other large-scale works?

9. Really lovely work! I love huge pieces of art work, they make a statement. I also love the flower images and the subdued palette.

10. Tanya says:

i recently ordered the bunny portrait print. i absolutely LOVE it. the image quality is gorgeous. i am going to frame it and hang it in my living room.

11. Tanya says:

also the bunny portrait is $45 not $35 plus $5 for shipping. ;)

12. surola says:

hello, i look for long time your blog , it´s amazing , i like all the post you have!i love decoration photo you publish!on this case , i like very much this photos!!
    thanks for your blog

13. Megan says:

I have the bunny as well (the small scale color version…which is just as cute!). Thanks for giving Debbie a shout-out!