custom fingerprint papercuts

it’s always so nice to hear from someone we’ve featured before about a talent we didn’t know they had. lori danelle, who turned in a beautiful pallet bed a few weeks ago, also cuts paper- like a pro.

lori sells these amazingly intricate custom fingerprint paper cuttings from her etsy shop. she explained that she, “finds it fascinating to look at the detail of something that is so unique to each person, we carry around with us always, leave all over the place, and yet never really look at”. these sweet paper cuts would make such a wonderful gift for new parents or a new couple. but, as lori points out, they’d also work as a super cool (and non-traditional) take on the idea of a family portrait. any way you slice it, these are such a cool idea. thanks so much to lori for sharing- you can check out (and order) her custom fingerprint paper cuts right here on etsy (prices range from $150-$350 for custom pieces).

1. amy says:

I LOVE this! Very unique and hopefully I remember it when my little one arrives in January.

2. agnes szucs says:

wow! this is such a good idea! they’re unique and beautiful at the same time.

3. kaytet says:

these are amazing!!!!!

4. Christin says:

These are so adorable—and so time consuming! I definitely agree she’s a paper cutting pro. Nicely done, Lori!

5. WeddingXpert says:

I just adore this…so unique and cool!

6. Amazing! Just when I think I’ve seen everything!

7. sara says:

i love cut paper — these are amazing!!

8. I really like this, perfect way to personalize a gift….and she is just so awesome at cutting paper so finely…

9. Erin says:

So creative and unique – awesome idea, Lori!

10. Tricia Rose says:

These are just wonderful, what a fresh idea. Beautifully executed too!

11. Nickie Frye says:

Wow, these are impressive!

12. cb says:

this is fantastic! i really like her work and what a unique idea and so personal!

13. i love this! They are so charming! But wow, it looks like a lot of work!

14. courtney says:

so playful, the thought of fingers and papercuts just makes me laugh.

15. jennifer g says:

Courtney, funny! Great idea brilliantly executed!

16. Karen B says:

Love it! Genius idea…the Howard Roark of creative design!

17. No way! These are unbelievable. Bravo, Lori!

18. Lori Danelle says:

Thank you all for the lovely comments! I truly appreciate it!!

Courtney, I TOTALLY agree!! Every time I write or say “Fingerprint paper cut” I cringe just a little. I just can’t figure out another way to say it, though!

19. Hannah says:

Those are amazing! What a beautiful, unique concept!

20. Renee says:

Wow these are amazing! They would make the most PERFECT wedding gift!

21. kalanicut says:

These are phenomenal! The patience and precision required to do such amazing work are beyond impressive. Thank you so much for sharing!

22. Marija says:

very charming……

23. Petra says:

So beautiful! When I made mine and my husband’s wedding bands, I took an impression of our fingerprints to put on the inside of the ring. Fingerprints are such a meaningful image. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

24. Kara Paslay says:

Very cool! Love these!

25. JESSICA says:

Really unique and very creative love it
    If you could engrave your stuff in jewelry that would be even cooler!