before & after: bright designlab’s upcycled furniture

our last b&a today comes from alissa and leela at portland based bright designlab, and i’m really glad they decided to send these upcycled designs our way. working together with professional re-modelers at hammer & hand, bright designlab creates upcycled furniture out of found industrial carbon and steel, disassembled barns, vintage locker baskets and old school bleachers. i love the unusual nature of these pieces, and the personality that all of the found materials bring to each piece. portland, oregon is known as a hub for green design, so it’s no surprise these pieces make great use of items otherwise destined for landfills. i can’t wait to see what else will come from this great collaboration. thanks ladies!

[have a before & after you’d like to share? just shoot me an email with your images right here! (low res, under 500k per image, please)]

1. Kristan says:

Love the concept (upcycling) and the results!!

2. Irene says:

Amazing. I love love love upcycled products. Makes me feel all sunny inside and these are great!

3. Alex says:

these are so awesome! and love that they are upcycled. so much character!

4. Jennifer says:

I LOVE that coffee table… so amazing!

5. Marie says:

Love it! That first table is beautiful.

6. ariana beels says:

awesome and amazing.
    so cool!!!

7. d*s fan says:

8. Eva says:

it looks so fresh and industrial! the wood shines so nice.

9. Holy cow. This person is an artist. These are just beautiful. I especially love the coffee table.

10. Sing says:

Amazing pieces

11. Ashley says:

really love the coffee table. What a great design. I love the shape of the table!

12. Emily says:

Does anyone know how they do that to the wood? What is the process? Is any of this DIY?

13. e.b. says:

This is what I’m talking about! Thanks for letting us know about this great team of designers!

14. Bernadette says:

Way to represent P-town, Leela + Alissa!!! Nice work!

15. agnes szucs says:

i always like furniture made of reclaimed materials… they look so genuine… not to mention the good deed to the environment.

16. richard says:

Saving the planet can be beautiful too!

17. Hilary says:

So fabulous, I love all the variations and the natural beauty of wood.

18. love love love this furniture. great post!
    xo josephine

19. Stella says:

Dream style! Maybe I need to move to Portland?

20. Gorgeous!! I love salvaged wood…

21. Zalina says:

I really love these! Portland is the bomb. I am not being bias because I was born there. :)

22. My bf and his father made one dinning table use same colors wood..very pretty.

23. Bernie says:

OH MY!

24. Wow -that first table is gorgeous! The creator is seriously talented!

25. Kaitlyn says:

that first table is unreal! i am in love

26. Tonja says:

Also in Portland,
    They also sell all the stuff to D.I.Y. and classes to teach you to do it!

27. Red says:

What a stunning use of materials. Such unconventional designs look amazing and such a simple concept. Especially love the display unit in the last picture.

28. Sonia says:

omg! i cannot believe what you did in here! those furnitures areee soo amazing! i would love to have some in my place!!!! thumbs up!!!!!!!

29. thanks for all of the love and support! we appreciate it. please check back with us, as there is much more to come soon! (sign up for our blog!)

alissa +leela

30. Ann says:

Wow wow wow and wow.
    You are really onto something. Keep at it!

31. RTA Cabinets says:

I’m going to use the term “upcycling” from now on. Seriously, a lot more people should be doing this recycling thing, a whole lot more.

32. We’re loving upcycling and reclaiming beautiful pieces of furniture, that’s what its all about these days, its the way forward. Some of the nicest furniture around! No more flat pack I say!

33. I am SO jealous, I really want the low table at the top! It’s SO pretty! Great piece!