port2port card society + paper lovely

maria vettese’s beautiful letterpress card society is turning 4 years old this month, and to celebrate, maria is giving a 15% discount on new memberships through june 30th, 2010. i’ve been a big fan of the society since it started back in 2006, and i was sad to hear that this year will be its last. so if you’ve ever wanted to give someone a creative gift or treat yourself to a monthly surprise, you can sign up for maria’s last year of the card society right here. all members will receive special birthday cards in navy & lilac and special pens with their june shipment. also, port2port press just added a fun pop-up shop of letterpress-printed onesies to their collection! the “wee” collection will be up until june 30th, 2010 and will let you choose a onesie color, ink color, and lettering to create a one-of-a-kind handmade gift for the little ones in your life. click here to check out the collection. thanks, mav! and congratulations on four wonderful years of the card society!

speaking of letterpress, i’m also really loving these love-themed cards from kim at paper lovely letterpress in omaha. they’re so simple and sweet- exactly how i like my cards. they’d be perfect for a “just because” surprise. click here to check out the cards online. thanks, kim!

1. ArtHouse CoOp is such a wonderful group and their projects are fascinating and inspiring…. urging all sorts of folks, and not just us artists, to participate. Thank you for featuring their good work Grace and congratulations on the latest Design Sponge mention by Lenny Ann Low….. I am cheering for you all the way!

1. grace says:

oh! for a second i was confused- you’re referencing the advertisement below the post, right? just wanted to clarify in case anyone didn’t understand the comment ;)

grace :)

2. Susan says:

Ooh! I am a sucker for letterpress, and I say mwah all the time…I might have to get those. ;)

3. the ‘mwah’ and ‘xoxo’ cards are the sweetest! aww those tiny hearts – what a wonderful detail!

4. mav says:

thank you so much for your support over the years, grace.

it is sad to see The Card Society come to an end (won’t be till 2012 by the time i complete all memberships) but the more time goes on the more “card-of-the-month clubs” i see out there and i’d rather leave before the party gets too crowded.

i also wanted to give a shout out to CDR (http://cdryan.com/) who designed the june cards as he always does.

thanks again!

5. Kristen says:

these are pure sweetness I am a sucker for the xoxo cards

6. Beth says:

I love letterpress cards so much.

When in Paris recently I discovered a beautiful letterpress shop where you can buy cards individually or to order. It is called ‘intaglio’, and it was featured in the Cote Maison Paris edition recently. Pics here if you are interested! http://aspecialjourneyofmyown.blogspot.com/2010/04/shopping-in-paris-petit-parisian.html

7. Designs by Val says:

awww… love the “mwah” card.
    takes the words out of my mouth.

8. The wee collection is just adorable!

Thanks so much, Grace, for including my little love notes! So excited and very honored to be included!

9. These are too cute! I NEED some!!!!

10. Amanda LaPlante says:

Oh no. I wanted to sign up for the card society, but I thought I’d have more time to mull it over. Do you happen to know if it’s possible to start with a 6 month membership now and at or around the six month membership, extend it another six?