pia jane bijkerk’s amsterdam book windows

i left my copy of pia jane bijkerk‘s paris: made by hand book around my living room work station for months. whenever i was feeling in need of a little visual escape i would flip through its pages and take a trip through paris’ beautiful shops. so i was thrilled to hear that pia was releasing a new book: amsterdam: made by hand! as with the paris book, pia is taking us on an incredible tour of amsterdam’s most beautiful shops specializing in handmade goods and supplies. if only i’d had this when we visited years ago- i think i would have come home with much heavier bags.

to celebrate the launch of the book, pia created a gorgeous window display at the american book center in amsterdam. she was kind enough to send over some images last night so i thought it would be fun to share them here today in anticipation of the launch of her new book (available for pre-order now)! a big congrats to pia and i can’t wait to share more about the book soon…

1. Kate says:

I’ve been following her progress on this project- she’s just incredible.

congratulations on your new book pia!

2. Chichichick says:

That is a very creative installation! Can’t wait to see more.

3. Erin says:

Oh… and love the window displays. Thanks for sharing!

4. Tricia Rose says:

That is so delightful! It really feels like Amsterdam!

5. Danielle says:

I think I was just convinced to grab myself a copy! Gorgeous photos… makes me wish I could hop on a plane to Amsterdam right now!

6. Erin says:

somehow my second post got posted first… I also said that I sooo want this book and I blogged about it also.

7. milinda says:

Pia is one of those people who makes the world a more beautiful place to live : )

8. Suzi says:

How wonderful does it look. I have so enjoyed following the progress and wish you all the best for the big day. Will just have to buy the book and dream. :))

9. how gorgeous! Just goes to show that shop window displays and POS don’t have to be manufactured signage and expensive photography.
    This design has such a unique tactile quality that it beats the pants of any window displays that I’ve seen recently.

10. suzy says:

yay! i love this display! i’ll be going to the launch for sure. it’s funny, i was just there at the ABC on monday, so i missed pia putting it up by ONE DAY:)

11. Hannah Nunn says:

How inspiring. One of the things I love about Amsterdam are window displays..not just in shops but in houses too. I saw a beach scene for barbies with deckchairs and sand and eveything. So funny!

Going to buy this book!