molly hatch: mimesis

i’m a huge fan of molly hatch‘s ceramic work, so i was excited to hear that she’s got a new show, molly hatch: mimesis, at the clay studio in philadelphia. molly is showing a wide range of work, but i think her cup-on-cup designs are my favorite. i’d be happy to drink my morning tea out of one of those beauties. click here for more info on the show and here for molly’s blog. thanks, naomi!

1. these are beautiful! love the way those mugs are organized and framed – so neat! xoxo

2. How cool are those flat ginger jars?!?! So modern yet so traditional. Love them.

3. WeddingXpert says:

I think mixing and matching these would give any tablescape a really eclectic feel. These are beautiful!

4. Danielle says:

That’s great!! I will definitely have to check out the show! Thanks

5. katie says:

oh my oh my
    I love seeing the teacups painted onto teacups–so sweet and fun. Beautiful creations.

6. The cups are beauuuuutiful, but I especially love the printing on the bottom of those cups! So when I lift the cup wayyy up, and (not so elegantly) gulp down the last dregs of my coffee, I will still look cute to those around me! Genius.

7. i’m such a sucker for these teacups, oh lawdy!

8. Wendy says:

These are fantastic!

9. Mary Ann says:

Thanks for sharing this unique way of looking @functional pottery. Mary Ann @ Anchor Cottage in Suttons Bay MI

10. Ari says:

I love the image on the bottom. So often the bottoms are forgotten! Beauty from every angle!

11. carolyn says:

these are gorgeous! i want them all. wowie.

12. I adore Molly Hatch’s work, and I own a teacup and a beaker, which I use as a small vase. I can confirm that tea actually does taste better out of her teacups!

13. wow! how clever and stunning at the same time!

14. Heidi says:

Gorgeous. Thanks.

15. Laura says:

Molly Hatch came to give a demo and an artist’s lecture at my school (I’m a recent graduate from KCAI’s ceramics department) and it was truly a pleasure to see her in action! I’ve loved her work ever since – thank you for recognizing a truly phenomenal ceramic artist!

16. hena tayeb says:

the cups are gorgeous..and i love the way they have been displayed..

17. sunshine says:

just saw her show here in philly – loved it – worth the trip out

18. heather says:

These are so great! Love the teacups on teacup idea!

19. Erika says:

These cup mugs are so lovely, I love the way their displayed in that frame. Gorgeous.

20. Tess says:

So perfect! When you want the pretty lady daintiness of a teacup, but the volume of a mug!

21. oh my!! i love her work!!! gorgeous design!!

22. Roseanna says:

Amazing, I love those cups…

23. naomi says:

all of Molly’s beautiful cups are now online in the clay studios online shop. have included some images of the beautiful patterns on the bottom too!
    well done miss molly.

24. Serap says:

What a gorgeous cups!!

25. I want one of those cups. I love the decoration on the bottom!