mike miller for west elm

i love when big companies bring in independent artists to do special guest collections. ever since target proved it was a viable idea with their affordable designer collections, it’s been such a thrill to see names i recognize popping up in big-time commercials and catalogs. i felt the same way when i opened up this month’s fall-preview catalog for west elm, which features a brand new collection of artwork and pillows from artist mike miller. mike’s silhouette artwork (has anyone been to his antiques shop? i’d love to see the originals in person) is now available in framed print form as well as a small collection of affordable pillows. i think the prints are my favorite, but you can check out and shop the full collection ($19-$79) right here.

1. Lottie says:

Love the cushions :)

2. Love them! Silhouettes are my long-time weakness and these are perfect to get inspired of! Love how the white/brown silhouettes are standing against the black background – so stylish!

3. This is good to know! I really like it when big conglomerate companies remember the little people!

4. rebecca says:

This is super cool… but does anyone have an idea on the source for the lamp in the last pic?

5. rebecca says:

Sorry, second to last pic.

6. EscapePod says:

Really gorgeous designs that really stand out from the crowd.

7. mixette says:

I was *shocked* when I saw these when I went to West Elm looking for a headboard. Yard Dog gallery in Austin carries his original pieces and I always stop by to gawk…so so cool.

8. I agree with Ludmilla, these silhouettes work really well with the contrast of the colour. I really like the profile pillow cover with the woman silhouette. Its simplicity and use of the white pillow and black cut out really does make it capture your attention. This is a great collection by mike miller.

9. Mandy says:

Does anyone know the wall colour in that first photo. I emailed West Elm, but they were very unhelpful.

10. brooke says:

hey mandy,
    i’m also trying to find the name of that gorgeous blue color. i’m on the benjamin moore website, west elm collaborated with them and now has a line of paint called ben.. however, i havent foudn that blue. i’ll keep you posted it i figure out, hopefully you will do the same!

11. brooke says:

my guess is that it’s called “symphony blue”, 2060-10. you can only buy it from a benjamin moore store i believe. http://www.paintwithben.com:80/ben-webapp/index.jsp

12. Abigail says:

Hi Mandy and Brooke,
    I’m writing from west elm. The wall color in that room is Newburg Green (HC-158) from Benjamin Moore. In just a few weeks we’ll be updating our website with references to all of the BM colors used in our catalog. Check back!

13. brooke says: