Day Two: Neutrals

Hello again! It's Lauren here with my second guest post for Design Sponge! Today I thought it would be fun to check out some interiors with neutral colors…

I think this idea of organizing books is so cool! Sure, it might be a little time consuming when you are looking for a particular book, but hey, for an outcome like this, it sure seems worth it! The tan and grey hues are a striking combo.

The patterns in these images give me such joy. I love how there are stripes, florals, and solids, yet because the colors are neutral, it creates a calm and simplistic aesthetic. I am a sucker for fabric and patterns, so these two images have me drooling!

Image 1: Emma Mitchell via Define1Lady

Image 2: Found on Fondly Seen via Remodelista

1. Hi,

Another time consuming task is to wrap all the books in a tan colored paper or any colors in the same neutral family and it’ll look a little neater – in my opinion.

2. C J says:

While I love the look of this, I’d be so disappointed to walk into a home and not be able to check out what’s on the bookshelves.

3. Lindsay says:

I really love the way it looks, but I just can’t quite get myself to turn all of my books around. Tempting though. :)

4. Kate says:

I love that you include the pantone colors, nice touch!

5. good idea keska! yes, very tempting– if i had a bookshelf like that i think i’d go for it!

6. kate- i agree! grace thought of the pantone idea!

7. kiki says:

oh i love the neutrals! that yellow in the second pic is just perfect!

8. Nikki says:

Love that last color palette. I have a few of those colors in my house and have been looking for complimenting colors. I think I’ve found them!

9. These neutrals are so relaxing. I could live here.

10. Amber says:

I love the wall of bookshelvs, that is something I dream of having in my own home.

11. Jo Chopra says:

Looks pretty, but function is as important as form, no? Impossible for a reader to think of storing books this way!

12. abby jenkins says:

The design king at Living Magazine, Kevin Sharkey, has the most incredible library in his office….the most beautiful design books all organized by color. I could loose myself in that room forever! Heavenly.

13. Im SO in love with these neutral colors. I use them often and what I like is that not only are they calming, but you can go either modern or traditional with them. In addition, a lot of people look really good in rooms that have these colors in them.

14. I wish my bookshelves were this neat and tidy, They seem to
    collect so much more than just books. These color post are
    great!

15. Kirstin says:

A friend of mine once covered her books in brown packing paper and stamped the titles down the spine with letter stamps. Looked incredible but took ages. Oh, and you have to have different sizes of stamp letters because some titles are long.

16. WOW. Who can think of a book shelf to be this creative? It’s simply amazing. Those neutral color nominations look so interesting.