Day Three: Shabby Chic

I have to admit, for a while I wasn't so into forest green. It's funny how all it takes is an image like this to completely change my opinion of a particular color. This stove is amazing! The blue drawers and shelves are a brilliant complement, and I just can't get over the gold accents.

Again, the gold accents are gorgeous. Fresh flowers can add the perfect pop of color to a room, and in this case, I adore the color of the three roses. The rustic brown mirror frame is just right against the light yellow wall. This bathroom, to me, is shabby chic at it's best!

Image 1: Scanned from The Color Design File, photo by Christopher Drake

Image 2: Scanned from Apartment Living, photo by Fernando Bengoechea

1. I have never designed anything using the color Forest Green but it is very lovely to see it come together this way! I now have a vision and an inspiration for designing a Forest Green room. Will have to persuade clients now.

2. cara says:

That first kitchen is a PERFECT fit for me!

3. Anne-Marie says:

Love that blue and green combo – really fresh.

4. omg that kitchen is dreamy! thanks for sharing! x0x0

5. Hilaire says:

Blue is perfect for the kitchen!

6. jenn says:

love that first palette! i’ve never really been into gold accents, but those don’t feel over the top at all. they’re fabulous!

7. Kristin says:

Ooh that green and gold stopped me in my tracks.

8. Marie says:

I have a similar green palette in my bedroom. It’s an unconventional choice but it’s so soothing!

9. Tanya says:

I love the gold accents. Stunning!

10. Teresa says:

Absolutely gorgeous!!! (I’m looking forward to these posts tremendously — thanks for the introduction.)

11. Thanks you guys, glad you are enjoying!

12. Kris says:

I absolutely ADORE this kitchen. I am green with envy ;)

13. That kitchen looks like a slice of heaven. Wow – thanks for the inspiration.

14. ….do you know in which country the kitchen is located? I’m seeing so many French inspired or actual French elements.

15. Lisa says:

oooh the tiles!

16. emma lamb says:

love, love, love the first one especially… :)
    emma x

17. Frenchee le Trip– the photo is from a home in Brunello. Thanks to everyone for your comments!

18. Color Collective – thanks! I’m guessing that means Italy. It’s really the most beautiful kitchen I’ve ever seen.

19. This concept: of showing the color tabs with the photo, is just wonderful. I know a product designer who was doing it for a while. Very very effective! It helps the artist to really SEE the colors in the photo, and the viewer then has more to absorb….

20. doadie says:

I love the colour palette in the kitchen, its romantic.

21. claudine gordon says:

these are all so dreamy and relaxing to look at… wow …wow and wow

22. Jenny says:

Given forest green is my least favourite colour – this combination works so well – I love it!

23. Pat says:

it’s relaxing to me when two colors next to each other on the color wheel are used together….I LOVE all these.

24. I am not a forest green person at all but this works! I
    love the blues in the kitchen area. Beautiful!

25. Shylee says:

Has me dreaming of B and B’s… great palettes all around!

26. Melissa Abraham says:

The combination of the colors and fusion of the florals elements with the perfect accent of gold its perfect.!!

27. stephanie says:

The cool greens in these rooms are absolutely amazing, and the brightness is so refreshing.