cynthia vardhan ceramics

cynthia vardhan is a ceramic designer working in downtown columbus, ohio. specializing in intricately patterned work, cynthia produces a beautiful collection of tableware and vases that are inspired by a wide range of sources like moroccan tiles, indian henna, and french pastries. i was immediately drawn to the piece above, which has the henna feel cynthia described as a big influence- i love all that tiny, raised, intricate detailing. click here to check out (and shop) cynthia’s full collection online.

1. Natasha says:

These are really lovely! Totally delicate and beautiful.

2. yasmin says:

these are stunning! the shape and the detail and delicate and beautiful. i would love to own one of these…maybe i will!

3. Julie says:

Absolutely gorgeous. It takes a very steady hand to paint such detail!

4. Jane says:

Love all of them, especially the first one. They’re so delicate and pretty.

5. Natalie says:

So beautiful! I’m adding these to my list of gift ideas!

6. d&d says:

i love the henna effect on them – so lovely!!!! i’d like a shelf full of these

7. Carly says:

Beautiful! Both ceramic artists you’ve shared in the past couple of days have been great. Have you seen Julia Galloway’s work? She’s a professor where I went to college and I’ve always loved her ceramic work:

1. grace says:

i hadn’t seen her work, thanks! :)

8. Gina says:

I have done shows and seen her work in person at them. They are much more beautiful in person. She has an amazing attention to detail.

9. nole says:

Oh wow – these are absolutely stunning!

10. Katie says:

These are beautiful! I wish I could buy them all. :)

11. I love these! The delicate detail is just gorgeous.

12. Anda Tanaka says:

I love the pattern on the tiny plates. It is so pretty and reminds me of origami paper.

13. I love Cynthia’s work! Really glad you guys decided to feature her. :)

14. I love this pretty work, all in delicacy

15. I am loving this! I am from Columbus, and get so excited to see local features on Design*Sponge. I wish I had known about Cynthia Vardhan all along!

16. Justine says:

We’re all really proud of Cynthia here at CCAD! Although it was sad to see her go she’s clearly talented and doing what she loves!

17. Meredith says:

Wow, those are really gorgeous. I just keep staring at them trying to soak up all the details.

18. julia says:

absolutely beautiful!

19. Jen says:

Gorgeous…! The delicacy of the pieces is so appealing.

20. hena tayeb says:

these peices are gorgeous.. so delicate.

21. visualingual says:

As the proud owner of one of Cynthia’s vases, I have to attest to the sexiness of the outrageously tactile textures. It’s beautiful to look at and amazing to touch!

22. her work has such beautiful details. thank you so much for sharing.

23. Jen Kim says:

absolutely gorgeous detailing, i love that her inspiration comes from so many different things!

24. Cynthia says:

Thanks everyone for your kind words! You guys are so sweet!

25. Anne says:

Absolutely gorgeous and flawless… the hand decoration on these is immaculate. Every time I visit Cynthia’s studio I want to take home everything. Congratulations Cynthia! So great to see your work featured!