i love love love the feel of linen. i love it as upholstery, in clothing, and as a soft place to rest your head when you sleep at night. if i could wear linen everyday (and afford dry cleaning and a personal linen press-er) i would. so i was instantly smitten with these colorful new linen deck towels from buck ellison at deck towel. deck towel just released a beautiful new line of fine linen beach/deck towels that are machine-washable and dry quickly without holding in sand and dirt like cotton.
i love the way they remind me of huge summery bed linens- all the better for poolside (or rooftop) lounging. i’m partial to the teal and white stripes, but you can check out deck towel’s full collection right here. each towel measures 70×50 inches and is available for $40-$80. i’m heading out to pick up some supplies for the d*s redesign layout (coming this summer!) so i’m going to call it a day. i hope you all have a wonderful weekend! below is a summary of this week’s highlights:
- must-read post of the week: new entertaining column from paige and kelly: “coffee cupping brunch” complete with decor, recipe, playlist and more!
- brimfield antique fair coverage: what we bought, favorites from the show, trends, and shopping tips from the pros!
- national stationery show coverage (trends): animals, homesteading (+food), florals
- icff 2010 coverage (trends): interesting textures + shapes, wood + metal, facets + organic shapes, circles
- new city guide: orlando guide!
- biz ladies: tips for running a family business
- under $100: wallpaper
- living in: pride and prejudice
- sneak peeks: hilda grahnat, michael and sara hunter, kirsten voortman
- diy projects: oil and vinegar bottles, samantha’s faux-suzani pillow how-to, sewing 101: making a pouf
- before & after: before & after primer: tips for identifying antiques, stacey’s table + stephanie’s votives, joëlle’s chair + lia’s lamps, elien’s desk + ikea hack table, the smoking goat restaurant
- small measures with ashley: eating in
- we like it wild: market mashup (veggies as flowers)
- in the kitchen with: yotam ottolenghi’s spinach dish
- artwork: lena wolff at the san francisco fine art fair
- misc.: beacon blankets, fine little day: from blog to design platform, darling clementine cards + watermark wallcoverings