sneak peek: andrew and gemma of ingalls photo

when they’re not traveling (and they usually are! they actually worked on this peek from mexico!), andrew and gemma ingalls call this fort greene, brooklyn apartment home. the couple, both photographers, work together. their company, ingalls photography focuses on food, travel and lifestyle images. in addition, gemma has a production companywhich focuses on creative consulting and curatorial projects. some of my favorite peeks are those where two creative individuals have come together to form a smashing duo – which is certainly the case here! see additional images here! {thanks andy & gemma!} –amy a.

[The house is an eclectic style which came together naturally. We mixed farmhouse antiques from Vermont with graphic Indian and Balinese textiles, plenty of plants, mid-century furniture, and a focus on artwork.]

[photo above: At the end of the black couch a vintage Louis Vuitton steamer trunk acts as a side table.  The trunk belonged to Andy’s great grandmother who’s name (Mrs.’ Fay Ingalls) is printed on the side, this trunk made multiple transatlantic sea voyages with her! On the trunk is a glass prism pyramid made by artist Kim Krans – as well as a collection of novels of the moment…]

[photo above: The table cloth on the table is John Robshaw, and a vintage barrister bookcase acts as our cabinet of curiosities with natural treasures from our travels. The top of the case houses our white objects collection including a Sicilian “teste di Moro” (a Moorish ceramic head), a German ceramic fox, a giant ceramic artichoke, etc etc. The dining room artwork includes pieces by Gentl and Hyers, Vic Muniz, Allison Brown and David Black ]

CLICK HERE for more of Gemma & Andy’s home plus all the images on one page!

[photo above: Corner of the bedroom with vintage lamp and lacquered wood boxes. The artwork includes an 8×10 shots from our wedding taken by Gentle and Hyers, 11×14 print by Laurent Millet, a Blind Spot Magazine edition and on the floor is a silkscreen piece by Hunter Gatherer, Todd St John]

[The botanical print hanging above the bed is from Jung Koch Quentell. The bedding is  from John Robshaw and pine cone hill.]

[photo above: The black and white upholstered wingback chair was a wedding gift from Gemma’s bridesmaids, the upholstery is original. The wall installation is a mixed media piece (polaroid, c-prints and drawings) by artist Mark Borthwick (who also installed the piece, we made him dinner!)]

[photo above: The teak coat wardrobe is from India and also houses our mini bedroom stereo.]

[photo above: Geode wind chime and a bird feeder from Perch that we use as a mini planter. The Hunter-Gatherer print is in the background.]

[photo above: In the living room there is a vintage cream knoll couch and a black reproduction couch.  Another barrister bookcase in the living room houses small artists books and travel books, sits under a photograph by Larry Fink that sets a festive mood for the room.]

[photo above: The wine fridge houses wines picked up on our travels as well as film!]

[photo above: Our dishes are housed in a vintage teak cabinet that most likely came from Java or Bali as we saw many similar pieces when we were there. Many of the dishes have been collected from antique and thrift stores over the years, we have a set of Rosenthal “moon” china and use reidel stem-less glasses for wine.]

[photo above: Near the kitchen is a bookshelf for cookbooks protected by a young white ceramic lion from Royal Copenhagen. On the left is our vintage kitchen clock with a small blue point oyster print below it.  The print is a promotional card from an oyster company which was was run by Andy’s great uncle in the 30s and 40s]

1. I love that Louis Vuitton steamer trunk and that you have the historical connection to it. Fabulous! A lover and collector of Louis Vuitton, Facinated about the first luggage, the trunk, I wrote a piece on vintage steamer trunks… ~ Angela

2. emily says:

I love it all, but especially the bedroom and that art installation!

3. akshatha says:

the flickr page is private…! love the house

4. crystal says:

um hello! your “additional images” link on flickr is set to *private* and can not be viewed by your readers. please fix this ongoing issue! we want to see!! ;)

5. susan says:

oh my goodness, this house just sings personality. i love it all.

6. Heather says:

As if the apartment wasn’t cool enough, I spy checkered Vans in the closet. Awesome! :)

7. DotM says:

Love the eclectic art!
    How did you purchase botanical poster?
    Couldn’t find any prices on their website. Did I miss something?

8. Ashley says:

Loving all the greenery in this apartment – especially the wall of it behind the couch in the living room. Would love to see more of that!

9. These photos are amazing; obviously I am dying over the LV vintage trunks. I’d do anything for them! xxSAS

10. stacey says:

I have no problem viewing the Flickr images. Perhaps you’re not logged in?

11. i agree with ashley…more of the wall of greenery! beautiful home.

12. Megan says:

what are you using to house your records? I couldn’t quite see it but it looked minimalist, which I like. We have a ton of Vinyl and I am looking for nice ways to display it.

13. Vanessa says:

Love all the plants! And the ceiling is gorgeous.

14. christiana says:

I just love your home and am, of course, so envious of your LV trunk with all that history and gorgeousness!

15. For the longest time I couldn’t look at design magazines because they just made me sad and strangely angry. Now, I’m finding Design*Sponge is doing the exact same thing to me. In the best possible way of course. Sooooo jealous of absolutely e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!

16. fresh , eclectic style.

17. amy says:

I LOVE your leather chair – is it original or vintage? What a fantastic gift for hubby!!!

18. Melissa says:

It’s so nice to see so many plants. I’m a big fan of having real, live green plants in the home. Too many homes are missing that little piece of nature.

19. caroline says:

oh I’m just dying over the blue wall clock! What a fantastic color.

20. White Cabana says:

Oh that LV steamer trunk. Too beautiful for words! Gorgeous!

21. Wow, love the designs. Even the room with all of the little pictures all over the wall looks great. Well done!

22. @Thinkstock says:

Needless to say, we find photography pretty inspiring. Love the multi-media wall by Mark Borthwick!

23. CoBa says:

Where did the dining room chairs come from? I have one that is exactly the same style but upholstered in some sort of faux red leather. It is Eamesish, but definitely not the real deal, but these look exactly the same!

24. The Lil Bee says:

I stared at their wine fridge/living room setup entirely too long. Amazing. Not that I’m surprised, after seeing their kick-ass wedding on Jo’s blog. One of my fave house tours yet!

25. Very charming, refreshing home. Love the antique infusions, the quirkiness, and the greenery all meshing well.

26. DANG, girl! Can I be one of them in my next life? PLEASE?
    ~Catherine DeMonte

27. margaret says:

where did you get the chairs around the round table in the first picture…or where do you think they could be found? thanks