national stationery show: final roundup (cards)

today is the final day of spring 2010 trade show coverage for d*s. after wading through aisles of both shows and hundreds of pictures, i’m wrapping up my favorites today, starting with my last 25 pictures from the national stationery show. if you missed any of the stationery show coverage amy and i have posted so far, here are the links: non-cards, cheeky + nautical cards, florals, homesteading + food, and animals.

[2 images above: beautiful calendars from waste not paper]

[image above: trophy card from yellow owl workshop]

[image above: more of the navajo weaving-inspired trend we saw at brimfield this year! cards by gold teeth brooklyn]

[images above: metallic holiday cards from pancake & franks]

CLICK HERE for 14 more designs from this year’s stationery show after the jump!

[image above: i really loved pie bird press‘ booth this year. the sweet summer cabin theme was just perfect]

[image above: i loved the simple paper cut feel to snow queen‘s stationery]

[image above: i hope someone calls me an old lightning rod one day. cards by mr. boddington’s studio]

[image above: a fun bus card from egg press]

[image above: a sweet mountain card from fugu fugu]

[images image: ikat cards (in production) and stationery/invites from kamal]

[image above: send someone a sweet note, courtesy of hammerpress]

[image above: fun prints from sycamore street press]

[image above: adorable magnetic notepads for the fridge with simple illustrations by susyjack]

[image above: colorful calendar pages from linda & harriet]

[image above: i love this father’s day card from anna at rifle paper co]

[image above: a colorful calendar from pearl & marmalade]

1. I am obsessed with stationery, so this roundup has been really great. I am starting a project soon “A Letter a Day”, where I handwrite a letter to one person every day, using a fountain pen and luxury stationery. I want to go back to the discipline of writing by hand and the total experience of using beautiful crafted tools. I’m going to use the project as an opportunity to showcase some great writing stationery and pens too! I hope it will inspire more people to go back to handwriting, and the self-expression of using unique stationery. Thanks for the inspiration!

2. Shanon says:

Dang, I’m obsessed with that first calendar, particularly the month with strawberries. Is it available on their site? I couldn’t find it.

3. Courtney says:

oooooOOooo stationary! I like~!

4. KimRose says:

all so beautiful. that trophy card is sensational. I loved the lightning card too, but unless I don’t get the joke, “lightening” is misspelled. oops.

1. grace says:

woah! you’re right kim! i didn’t even notice that- i wonder if i’m missing something?

5. Kristy says:

I WANT WANT WANT that calendar from the top 2 pictures. Where can I buy it??

6. susy says:

Hi Grace, It was so nice to see you at the show. Thank you so much for featuring the notepads – They did great at the show, and I am really happy they made such a good impression. Thank you for so much support and enthusiasm for the paper peeps of the world! Susy

7. selena says:

i have to get my act together and get a 2010 calendar. checking out waste not paper right now!!!

8. carolyn says:

what a great collection! the trophy card is a knockout and love the cut-out hearts as well. just lovely

9. Joanna says:

Great roundup! I love Pearl & Marmalade. They have a fantastic card featuring none other than Mr. Darcy himself. It’s too adorable for words and pleases my inner Elizabeth.

10. hena tayeb says:

loving the calendar.. it is gorgeous.

11. Those want not calendars are THEBOMB.COM

12. Jennifer says:

Thanks for all the great NSS coverage, Grace — it’s been a wonderful peek into the show for all of us who can’t be there. Same goes for your ICFF coverage…

13. Raven says:

I just wanted to let you know that the calendar that you saw at the NYSS and posted on your blog is actually from Paper Source. Waste Not Paper is the wholesale site for Paper Source. People who don’t have retail licenses can’t purchase paper from Waste Not Paper but can purchase paper and those lovely calendars from Paper Source. http://www.paper-source.com

14. Hannah says:

It was so nice seeing you at the show, Grace! Thanks for including Pie Bird Press. :)

15. The items shown at the National Stationary Show are amazing. I really love the dotted line pattern that is featured on the ikat cards. The way that the lines start off straight and go into a curve at the end, making that the design feature with the added text for the theme for the card is, just what makes those cards stand out to be. The arrangement and use of colour is spot on. Also, the susyjack magnetic notepads designs are great. I love the simplicity of her designs. She has kept to her usual colour style of white with the use of a bright colour, and it works perfectly.

16. amanda says:

I love stationary! Those first 2 are my favorite:)

17. Alli says:

I love these – the trend towards unique and handmade is one I hope is here to stay. And having my own shop (www.fuzzygrapefruit.com) I am always looking for inspiration. Thank you for always inspiring, Grace!

18. Great round-up, Grace! It was good to see you at the show…and thanks so much for featuring us!