national stationery show: animals

on sunday amy and i headed over to the javits center for the national stationery show. after aisle upon aisle of new cards and invites, we spotted a few trends at the show: animals, florals, nautical, food/homesteading, and calendars. all this week amy and i will be posting our favorites in each category, starting today with the biggest (and consistent year-after-after) trend: animals. this post has 30 of my favorites examples of the trend, so i hope you’ll enjoy them as much as i did- be sure to click below the jump to see the full selection and stay tuned tomorrow for more NSS trends! [image above, animal tea towels by enormous champion]

[image above: wooden animal figurines by enormous champion]

[image above: playful cards from egg press in portland]

[image above: foxy towels from tara at ink & wit]

[image above: a pretty owl print from tara at ink & wit]

[image above: some of my favorite animal stationery at the show, from snow queen]

[image above: an adorable dog card from anna bond at rifle]

CLICK HERE for 23 more examples of animal stationery after the jump!

[image above: invites from anna bond at rifle]

[image above: a close up of the snow queen i loved so much]

[image above: horse coasters from austin press]

[image above: sweet “baby milestones” calendar with elephant illustration by cat seto]

[image above: happy pup card from enormous champion]

[image above: bear card from hammerpress]

[image above: bottle stoppers from imm living]

[images images: animal stamps, cards, and totes from ink & wit]

[image above: a playful fish card from brad at maginating]

[images above: animal cards from julie at studio olivine]

[i loved these simple illustrations from NSS newcomer, snow queen press]

[images above: animal cards from sugarcube press]

[image above: needlepoint whale plaques from amh design]

[images above: animal wrapping paper and animal mobile from ink & wit]

[image above: dog card from anna at rifle]

[image above: bird card from rose at the great lakes]

[image above: bird card from screech owl design]

[image above: rooster card from fine day press]

1. I must say I kinda like this trend

2. Heidi says:

Oh man, these are cute. Wish I could have gone :D Thanks!

3. Jennifer says:

Thanks for such a great post! I was there on Sunday also but did really need a recap! I LOVED Enormous Champion and Ink and Wit also. They are so talented. Loved those bottle stoppers too! Considering them for father’s day. Thanks!

4. Thanks for such a super comprehensive and amazing feature from the show. I was there & while i saw a lot of this, the way you pulled it together is awesome! I am living for Rifle.

5. Maggie says:

gorgeous of gorgeousness! am I missing something with the welcome to motherhood card? I thought only bulls had horns. Just googled it, some cows have horns too.

6. Brigid says:

really charming. love the hand painted pieces. thanks for covering the show Grace!

7. Elissa says:

oh man, i’m loving that ‘it’s a party’ circus themed invite set. it’s making me big time envious that i didn’t make it to the show!

8. Emily says:

DS, could you do a feature on block printing? I would love to learn how to do some of this stuff!

1. grace says:

we’ve actually done some diy’s to get a faux-block printing look :) i’ll touch base with my diy editors about doing something for stationery:

9. Megan Hayes says:

Wow! I hope to someday attend the stationery show, but until then, I know I can count on you to pull together a fantastic feature on it! Really great post and I can’t wait to see more photos.

10. Tanya says:

I love these prints and this trend. So much cuteness.

11. Joanna says:

The stationary show looks like so much fun. Can anyone attend?

12. I wish I was in the US just so I could go to the National Stationery Show. Looking forward to seeing more goodness in the rest of your posts.

13. Josh says:

Love the post, wish I could have been there. I love the animal wood cuts from enormous champion and the crazy about you squirrels from sugarcube press.

14. Stephanie says:

There are some wonderful designs here, and clearly a lot of talent involved.