luggage roundup

amy and i are headed up to the brimfield antique fair tonight (i’ll still be posting like normal tomorrow) to check out the antique fair, so i’ve got travel on the brain. you guys have been requesting a luggage roundup for a while now so i thought i’d use this as an excuse to sit down and finally plow through all the options out there. while a good chunk of this guide is under $100 (yay!), it wasn’t possible to build the type of guide i like (packed with lots of cute options) keeping with that pricepoint. so i’ve gathered a selection of over 35 large roller suitcases and smaller weekender bags (and a few accessories) that should suit a wide range of budgets. i hope you’ll enjoy the guide as much as i enjoyed making it. now to save up for either a filson or fleabag weekender…

[image above, clockwise from top left: the original flea bag $440 (man i love these), diplomat suitcases $540-$570 (out this may), beaded chain $1.99 (to make and attach your own luggage tags or charms), vulcan suitcase $2145, dotted spearmint luggage (part of a set $135), pink rockland suitcase set $90, jcrew travel bag $495, 2 piece vintage leather suitcase $695, filson wool duffel bag $250, cloud luggage tag $38, brass luggage charms (love these!) set of 4 for $6.49, lacoste duffel $179]

[image above, clockwise from top left: lugano leather suitcase $1800, calpak carry on and tote $74, calvin klein ikat wheelie $100, the stylist carry on by steamline $280 (coming this may), bikkembergs duffel $195, polka dot suitcase $113.56, globe-trotter suitcase (yellow) $1600]

[image above, clockwise from top left: ballard tote $25 (i have this and love it!), dsquared2 duffel $690, the salt $480, coccinelle duffel $260, dvf travel tote $220, pan am carry on $950, lugano leather valice $1200, filson wool duffel bag $250, pineider duffel $670]

CLICK HERE for 5 more slides worth of beautiful luggage after the jump!

[image above: custom leather luggage tags (set of 2) $19.45 by of the fountain at etsy]

[image above, clockwise from top left: orla kiely bag $298, red rockland suitcase set $89.99, annika suitcase by liz claiborne $70+]

[image above, clockwise from top left: halsea roller $335, langley tote $298 (great for an overnighter), dvf roller $87]

[image above, clockwise from top left: dsquared2 duffel $580, embark luggage $50, borsalino $360]

[image above, clockwise from top left: rockland 4 piece luggage set $84.99, dvf wheeled duffel $62]

1. amanda says:

oh no! brimfield link is broken. i think it’s brimfield.com?

1. grace says:

amanda

it loads for me- are you getting an error message?

g

2. Livi says:

i want that orange suitcase, like NOW

3. amanda says:

i was…but i’m not now. thanks!

4. Bobbi says:

oh you are fueling my wanderlust!

5. I’m obsessed with the original flea market bag! It’s going to the TOP of my wishlist :)

Thanks for putting together this great post Grace!

6. Stella says:

i love the his and her leather luggage tags. Definitely a great present for my fiance for our wedding!

7. Anne says:

Cute design for a house and traveling. It is expensive but I am sure it is worth the price.

8. Megan says:

thanks for posting this – i’ve been on the lookout for a great new duffel bag! where is the third bag from on the second to last image? i don’t see a link for that one, thanks!

9. Sham says:

Love the customized luggage tags!

10. Katrina says:

What’s the description for the bottom duffle/weekender on the second to last slide?

11. Daniella says:

What an amazing roundup! So many great finds here…

12. love those leather luggage tags. I want about 20 of these bags. Anyone know which rolling bags are the lightest & most durable?

13. Jessie says:

I second Katrina’s question – love that bag! Canvas bag in the second to last slide.

14. Pam says:

The j crew leather valise and weekend bags are gorgeous and so well-made. Definitely worth the extra cost.

Love this roundup Grace!

15. carolyn says:

oh boy, i always have to contain myself while browsing around the steamline site, now i have all of these to drool over! and i think a vacation to plan…

16. SuzyQ says:

This is lovely! Very inspiring… As if I didn’t have enough travel dreams, hee! Any chance you could do backpacks? I plan to visit Japan this summer. My brother lives there, and prefers to travel fast and light, so I really need something practical – yet cool, dangit! – for train travel in high, festival filled summer…

17. Liz L says:

I have two of the polka dot suitcases and love them utterly!

18. kristina says:

i third katrina and jessie’s question, and please let it be under 100$!!!

19. Jessica says:

I go to Brimfield every year because we live so close and also will be going this weekend. If you happen to eat meat you have to get the BBQ pork or brisket at the BBQ cart/trailer. It’s amazing. You’ll find it easily because there will be a long line around lunch time.

20. I love weekender bags!

21. js says:

I have that calvin klein ikat wheelie, PLUS the wheeled duffel and tote. I love them to death – made my 2 week trip to Hawaii so easy. I also paid WAY less for them on ideeli.

22. Catherine says:

Great luggage line up.

23. Nicole says:

Ooh I think it’s criminal you neglected these beauties from Saddleback leather- http://www.saddlebackleather.com/categories/85-Leather-Luggage-Leather-Suitcase

I have a couple of their satchel-like briefcases for weekend travel (although I traveled through the UK for 3 weeks with just the large one last year), and my bf has their backpack- they are to die for, so many compliments on their design, and crazy durable to boot!

24. Sarah says:

I love distinctive luggage. In fact, I took the polka-dot suitcase shown in the second set to Europe last year – it’s huge!

Oh, and for the $$-challenged, I recommend looking for luggage at Ross. They have a lot of mid-level brands for super-cheap.

25. Abigail says:

I’m in the middle of reading The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett right now, so a post about luggage is more amusing than it should be. ^_^

26. What a great list – the fleabags are the best…
    psst…you can find them here and a little sale going on too :)

27. Jill says:

You forgot T. Anthony! Gorgeous and classic!

28. Tanya says:

I always dream of traveling with beautifully matching sets of luggage

29. At least a refreshing of the whole luggage market instead of the anonymous standard handbags. In the fifties the real travellers put stickers on their cases from the great palaces in Paris, Rome and Venice. I would ad one withe blue white colours of the houses of Koronos. SoAt least my luggage will never be lost.

30. jenifer says:

wow love this collection of bags the ones with bubbles are so alluring

31. Jill says:

The link and site for the beautiful leather luggage tags on etsy already seems to no longer exist–any other way to reach them?

32. nicole says:

I don’t know that these are exactly the same as the shown leather tags, but they’re still very cute:

33. PixelHazard says:

Whoah my goodness, why do I travel so much yet my luggage look so horrible?

34. Fredie says:

Amazing collection of travel bags! I love the classical leather bags and the duffel looking ones. Just read this designer bag rank but what you have found are even better looking.

35. Fredie says:

Beautiful collection of travel bags there! I adore the classical leather bags and the duffel looking ones. Recently read this designer bag rank but what you have found are even better looking.

36. That is some great looking luggage! I love some of the vintage items you posted. I’ve always had a thing for boxy looking luggage sets they just seem to last longer than traditional sets these days.