icff 2010 trends: inspired by nature (part 1)

last week i went through a slew of trends that i saw at ICFF (circles, facets + organic shapes, wood + metal, fun textures + shapes) and today i’m wrapping things up with a two part post on my favorite trend: design inspired by nature. i’ve picked 15 of my favorite pieces, so i hope you’ll stay tuned for part 2 tomorrow! [image above: build-able birds at the designboom mart]

[images above: some of my favorite pieces from the show- plastic goose traffic cones, inspired by chicago’s geese. by michael savona]

[image above: i wanted this plastic and metal bunny ring by hao shi so badly]

[image above: glass and leather animal head at the esque booth]

[image above: beetle-shelves at the amaridian booth]

CLICK HERE for the rest of the nature-inspired designs at ICFF after the jump!

[images above: beautiful jellyfish-like chandeliers at the amaridian booth]

[image above: bird sculpture at the jonathan adler booth]

[image above: jungle inspired wallpaper from flavor paper]

[image above: wooden owls by matt pugh]

[image above: i loved this sweet tree shelf from designArtist Soh]

[image above: beautiful hand-silkscreenedlinen reindeer fabrics and wallpapers from lindsay alker of england]

[image above: beautiful botanical-inspired rugs by brooklyn’s amy helfand]

1. Daniella says:

Grace, you have such a great eye for these things! I ADORE the ethereal jellyfish chandeliers–they are very other worldly.

2. Danielle says:

I almost bought one of hao shi’s rings too! I also loved the cork bowl that another vendor was selling right beside her, but they weren’t at their table when I passed by..

3. Kristen says:

Love this! Especially the top one – birds and the tree – delightful! Those wooden owls are a hoot ;)

4. Jessica says:

Ooh! Seriously wanting one of Amy Helfand’s rugs – gorgeous!

5. agnes szucs says:

so many beautiful things!
    i’m still not tired of owls… they’re so great… an the tree shelf is lovely, too.
    szucs

6. Shannon says:

Oh Jonathan Adler… just take my checkbook! Wonderful pix, wish I could have gone!

7. Megan says:

Am loving your coverage of the Stationary Show!

8. AlpineGypsy says:

Oh my gosh…Lindsay Alker’s silkscreened linens…..I think my eyes are rolling into the back of my head! So beautiful……

And those ‘jellyfish’ chandeliers are exquisite.

And I love the beetle shelves! And the jungle wallpaper….ahh…..

Heidi~

9. I was just wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what “after the jump” means…..

1. grace says:

amanda

the jump is the point at which the post stops and continues after the “CLICK HERE” link. because i don’t want people to have to scroll forever for long posts i often break up long posts (like this one) so you can get a good preview and then click deeper into the post to read more.

grace

10. christine says:

Any information on how/where to purchase the build-able birds and tree in the first photo? That design just blows me away….Thanks!