before & after: rey’s dream house

this next before & after comes from a city i’ve been dying to visit for a while now: palm springs. rey viquez of rey3 design collaborative bought this little “dream house” a while back and decided to renovate it and rent it out to seasonal vacationers. rey’s clean, modern taste is a great fit for the home and definitely gives the space the update it needed. i especially love rey’s use of over-sized mirrors in the bathrooms- it makes everything feel so luxurious. great work, rey!

[have a before & after you’d like to share? just shoot me an email with your images right here! (low res, under 500k per image, please)]

CLICK HERE for the rest of rey’s dream house makeover (bedroom, guest bath, and patio) after the jump!

1. nancy Hill says:

great makeover – really – just perfect.

2. mer says:

love that living room, I was looking for an inspiration like that. Thanks for your great ideas.
    Kisses.

3. Love the makeover of the attic room – those colors are matched perfectly! gorgeous!

4. The mirror in that bathroom is un-real!

5. Kim says:

Awesome. I particularly love the blocks of color and mirror on the wall that effectively incorporate those two vents… very creative!

6. Connie says:

Wow! Beautiful makeover! So dramatic, I love it. Great job.

7. lauren says:

agreed on the incorporation of the vents – that’s such a clever way of dealing with them! beautiful work all ’round. i covet the green mirror in the bathroom.

8. Kristan says:

Perfection!! This is my future house, hahaha. Or at least my future decorators? {looks hopeful}

9. Maria says:

i love their color palette.

10. Maninas says:

Looks fantastic!

11. Kristin says:

How fresh! Please tell me about the garden wall. It looks like Sunbrella cloth attached to a frame in squares with grommets. Whatever it is, I like the modular look.

12. I love his taste! There is not one room I didn’t like. And I really love the blocks of color on the living room wall as well. It really makes those vents disappear!

13. Sham says:

Today’s before and after home makeovers are the BEST

14. Sarah Castor says:

OH MY GOODNESS! I love that bathroom with the green mirror! SO AWESOME! I love looking at your blog and getting ideas for my hopeful new home for my fiance and I soon! THANKS FOR ALWAYS SHARING!

15. Aiza says:

Amazing! wish i could do that to my flat!

16. Sharinaz says:

First of all its like someone came over to grandma’s house and totally revamped it into an amazing fresh home. i love:
    1. the colors.
    2. the lighting fixtures (!!!!)
    3. i could just move in the bathroom.
    4. the kitchen is beautiful, but i wouldnt EVER cook so i wont mess it up…teehee
    5. yea and those mirrors!!

17. Alexis says:

Incredible. I am swooning over here!! Every room is amazing.

18. melissa says:

Simply beautiful! I really love the mirrors and how they are trimmed in an accent color. What a way to bring pop to a bathroom!

19. Kelly Cain says:

It’s so well done. I love it. And the green mirror, oh, be still my heart!

20. Mandy Ford says:

What a transformation. That green mirror is AMAZING!

21. I love how Rey kept so many of the existing elements in the house and revamped them with paint and ingenuity. Terrific job!

22. Kathryn Fenner says:

Wow! Awesome, and so many usable ideas for those of us with builder bathrooms, etc.
    I’m going to:
    1. Narrow the color palette in my house.
    2. Frame out my plate glass mirrors.
    3. Install towel bars on the fronts of the vanities.
    4. Swap out the top of my powder room vanity for a piece of wood and a vessel or other updated sink, and then paint the vanity a cool color our of my palette.
    5. Figure out how to steal the color block idea from the living room–either paint gallery canvas, or stretch fabric–maybe the latter for my noisy entry hall! Use my new palette colors, too.
    6. I already have three nice pendants in one of my baths, but I’m going to find something for the guest bath instead of the brass bath bar. Ughh.

23. DesignerKim says:

LOVE!! Fabulous makeover. Bravo.

24. amyks says:

Flippin’ Fantastic! what a cool house.

25. Maya says:

Fantastic job – very inspiring!

26. Susan says:

Great job. Loved it.

27. Thank you all for your kind comments. Please feel free to email me should you want any advice or more information. Please check out my facebook page where I have placed photos of the chandeliers I created as well as some new projects. Thank you and keep designing!!!

28. Eva says:

very nice. The mirrors are awesome! So is the green glasswork and ceramics as eyecatchers. Oh yeah and the lamps… everything is just right.

29. Jeanette says:

beautiful job!

30. Rita Silva says:

the colors are great! Love it!

31. Lisa says:

The bathrooms are are jaw dropping wonderful. Loving all the colours in all the rooms my only hmm is the TV over the beautiful fireplace – I just don’t get cranking the neck up high over a fireplace.

32. Linda says:

I love the color palette consistent throughout the house. So harmonious.

33. Becky says:

really like the frames in the bathrooms. The color works so well.

34. Katrina says:

Some really simple ideas beautifully executed here – great choice of colours as well – wonderfully fresh!

35. Laura says:

Having been lucky enough to STAY at Rey’s Dream House I have to tell you it is as beautiful in person! It is also a very functional home. The colors and exaggerated sizes feel very stylish. But the design makes the home functional. The kitchen is user-friendly and living spaces offer lots of flexibility. I was very impressed by the “before” pictures because now I can really appreciate Rey’s vision!

36. Rachel says:

I am loving it! Specifically, the chandeliers… that you MADE?? I am going to have to hop over to facebook and find out how. Lovely and enchanting.

37. Sari says:

I LOVE the green of the mirror trim. I’m going to try to incorporate it into some future furniture pieces!

38. Evita says:

I’ll second Erin that I appreciate how Rey made wonderful changes to existing existing elements, especially that first bathroom!

39. Asia says:

This is absolute perfection. I love everything he did. It’s fresh and modern while still warm and inviting…A+!

40. Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing on your rss feed and I’m hoping you write once more very soon!