before & after: holly’s bench + alyssa’s dresser

d*s reader holly myers found this beat up bench at the clovis new mexico country club, a golf course her mom grew up using. it sat untouched for many years, but a move to a new home inspired holly to give it new life. after removing the warped and rotted wood, holly created a new upholstered seat and stained a piece of wood to re-attach as the back. i love the new look- and that electric blue frame. thanks for sharing, holly!

[have a before & after you’d like to share? just shoot me an email with your images right here! (low res, under 500k per image, please)]

CLICK HERE for alyssa’s colorful dresser makeover after the jump!

i love the way alyssa zuka updated her “super plain 80s childhood dresser”. these colorful circles are so bold and simple, but make such a huge difference. great work, alyssa!

1. Chichichick says:

Two great makeovers! That dresser was nice before, but now it is so cool and mod!!!

2. Catherine says:

Holly – that bench is spectacular! I love the bold colors. I’m also loving the wall color. Do you mind sharing the shade and brand? Thanks!

3. the bench is amazing. i also love the space it’s in with the b&w photos above. great job!

4. The dresser is so simple, but I imagine it’s the centerpiece of the room now. I love it!

5. anna says:

that bench is great! love the color choices, what a fabulous makeover.

6. What color paint was used for the bench frame?

7. Connie says:

Very cool dresser. I don’t usually care for painted furniture but this is nice exception.

8. Holly says:

Thanks for all the nice comments!
    The wall color is Sandy White from Benjamin Moore. I am not sure about the bench paint color, I have some left over in my garage, I will check and let you know!

9. Holly says:

Bench color is BEHR Empress Teal

10. Jenny says:

Holly, you have such a great eye – love the bench color/fabric combo!

11. That bench is fantastic. I am a dumpster diver but even I wouldn’t have stopped the car for that. What a great eye your reader has

12. Star Bossom says:

The dresser has me inspired.

13. Tanya says:

Fantastic! I need a bench.

14. Carly says:

Hi Holly, just curious at the size of the frames you used on your wall. I really like the effect you created and I’m hoping to try something similar. Thanks :)

15. jenifer says:

the new bench and the make up of the cabinet is awesome

16. Sue says:

The old bench made new is wonderful.