weekly wrap up + mel robson

ac and i are in miami right now celebrating our one year anniversary (yay!) so i’m officially signing off my laptop for the weekend. it’s warm, sunny, and i can’t wait to dive into some cuban food (and the ridiculously clear water here) so i’m going to wrap up the week with these beautiful porcelain pieces from artist mel robson. kristina sent them over earlier this week and knew that the little bits of floral detail would be right up my alley. in addition to her forks and knives (i’d frame them for my kitchen they’re so pretty) she also has recipe bowls that look lighter than air, and adorable ceramic pigeons with patterns. click here to check out her full collection online. ok, i’m going to unplug now– have a wonderful weekend and i’ll see you on monday! below is a summary of this week’s highlights:

1. Have a fantastic weekend and Happy Anniversary.

2. Jessi says:

Have fun!! My husband and I are celebrating our 6 year anniversary this weekend :)

3. Maria says:

have an amazing time and congrats!

4. Alicia says:

Eat at Jaguar in Coconut Grove and enjoy great ceviche have the Palomas de Cajeta for dessert!

5. Happy anniversary! And a great weekend!

6. jen @ hau says:

I love these ceramics from Mel Robson. The cutlery pieces remind me a little of Stephanie DeArmond (http://stephaniedearmond.com/) Nice find!

7. Sarah says:

Love the porcelain pigeons! (I am a bird fanatic :)

8. katie says:

Happy Anniversary – enjoy the weekend! LOVE the porcelain pieces.

9. Sara(Mrs.B.) says:

Welcome to Miami! Happy Anniversary you two lovebirds.

10. love the silverware; gave me a chuckle.

11. Yay Mel! I haven’t seen these cutlery pieces before- gorgeous stuff.

12. Great pieces! Love ’em each.

13. I saw these on Amy Moss’s website EatDrinkChic

14. Lisa says:

Beautiful! So delicate! Can’t wait to go through any post I missed this week :) Have a good weekend!

15. Clare says:

Wow that cutlery is so so beautiful. Never thought I could get excited about silverwear before.

16. Jennifer says:

Congrats. That cutlery is adorable. I can’t believe how amazing it looks.

17. Heidi says:

Have fun in Miami! The porcelain work is fantastic. I love the delicate decals and the wee holes.

18. Clare says:

This porcelain cutlery reminds me of something very beautiful that Id forgotten about but a while back tried so desperatly to find again (after seeing in a blog). They where porcelain butterflies cut from plates by an Australian artist. If anyone knows who this is please remind me again. it’s my birthday soon & I need these!!

19. mcg says:

anywhere to actually purchase these pieces? they are gorgeous…i especially love the found plate cut that was water jet cut into a pistol shape (check it out here:

if anyone knows how to buy any of these, please share!

20. cheryl says:

i have been thinking of you two all weekend…happy anniversary…i sure wish i could send you a slice of cake….we will celebrate it whenever you come back to savannah <3

21. Love the forks and knives! Have a great vacation and good for you for turning of the laptop!!!

22. AW!!
    I wish those pieces were actually functional! i would love to eat a pretty little dessert with one of those flowery forks!

23. agnes szucs says:

these are incredibly beautiful… so delicate!

24. sajjal says:

awesome, believe me when i saw the post i thought if might be wood work but it is still awesome with ceramic.

25. Sean says:

26. These cutlery pieces are very beautiful. I really like the way that there is the floral pattern that is shown in small segments. Its like its creeping in. This is looks great as the floral doesn’t overpower the design and keeps it looking elegant.

Each piece looks is unique, this is due to the elements like the small holes in the cutlery to create a pattern. These small details is what makes these a great find.

27. Holli says:

I LOVE when people visit Miami, I’m so used to reading about California vacations. I’m driving up there today from where I live, the Keys, and I hope you/we have beautiful weather!